Wanted

sadako

Hey... no-one ever pays me for walking our dog. I must complain :shock: Saying that I don't get that much excercise doing it anyway as I'm always stopping and chatting to people :oops:

Sadako.... I need to get fit too and like you could definately do with someone to motivate me and kick me into action (and keep me there), but alas swimming is definately not for me, sorry.

Someone recently told me that 'power walking'?? is great for getting fit and toning up though. Think they said you walk fast in sort of more defined and purposeful way and at the same time swing your arms like a possessed person. :unsure:

Good luck :D

You'd probably look daft doing it with someone else too :lol: but it was a suggestion that I was given and one which I chose to ignore for similar reasons. Bit hard anyway with a dog that stops to sniff every few yards :blink:

How about cyling (although that has never apealed to me as the roads are scarey so I was told to go down the trans pennine trail). I walked part of it but I found that I was looking over my shoulder every 5 minutes as it's a bit odd when you are a girlie on your own :oops:

I'm not helping you at all here am I Sadako... I'm sorry :oops:

How about joining a Gym (if you can afford it) as at least everyone is there for the same reason and maybe if you go at the same time you get to meet others and become friends and motivate each other.

I've always fancied kick boxing though if you ever fancy that although I recon one session these days may well be the end of me. Oh to be 20 years younger again :lol:

You'd probably look daft doing it with someone else too :lol: but it was a suggestion that I was given and one which I chose to ignore for similar reasons. Bit hard anyway with a dog that stops to sniff every few yards :blink:

How about cyling (although that has never apealed to me as the roads are scarey so I was told to go down the trans pennine trail). I walked part of it but I found that I was looking over my shoulder every 5 minutes as it's a bit odd when you are a girlie on your own :oops:

I'm not helping you at all here am I Sadako... I'm sorry :oops:

How about joining a Gym (if you can afford it) as at least everyone is there for the same reason and maybe if you go at the same time you get to meet others and become friends and motivate each other.

I've always fancied kick boxing though if you ever fancy that although I recon one session these days may well be the end of me. Oh to be 20 years younger again :lol:

I was thinking 40 years younger for a different reason. :oops::wink:

Well I have a bike. Hurts my bum though ha ha. I used to have a gym membership. I found it very boring and very expensive so I started swimming instead. I'm going to start pool aerobics I think....feel free to join me Peter. :) Is quite like to start dancing though.

Now the cold weather has had the opposite effect on me. I've done loads more walking than usual with the dog this week including 3 hours around Dunham Massey on Monday.

There's just something really enticing about cold frosty weather and blue(ish) skies and sun. Lovely and soooo refreshing being out and about :D

Well, when there's all this:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/feb/02/egypt-football-violence-cairo-clashes

Hope you're well clear of it all.

At the time we were at the Wekalet El-Ghouri Arts Center watching the show by the Swirling Dervishes. As we left some men came rushing upto us, rather excited, and informed us that 40 people had been killed at the match. By the time we got back to our apartment and turned on the tv to see the news the number had risen to 79.

The demontration at the lack of police action at the match was/is in Tahrir Square, a few minutes drive away from our apartment so we did not see anything of it but last night at our arrival in Alexandria we found a major part of the city closed and saw and heard the chanting crowd but there was no problem from them, apart from the flow of traffic being considerably slowed down.

The Swirling Dervishes

Picture019.jpg

All very sad indeed although a bit odd that you say the people telling you seemed 'excited' by it :unsure:

Glad to hear that you are all ok though Cleo as from where we are your place does sound rather scarey these days.

Maybe blue toes and fingers aren't that bad after all eh Evils as at least ours will come back to 'life' :(

Night all.....

Excited not as in happy and elated but excited as in shocked with a need to let others know who are probably not already aware. Probably agitated would have been a better word to use. :blink::unsure:

Really, Dizzy, it's not as scarey here as the media seems to be making the western world think.

Most people are going about their daily lives as usual, just avoiding areas where the protestors are assembled.

If the truth be known the problem is being fanned by a handful of men who want to cause disruption in the country by whipping up fervour among the people instead of letting the government get on with the job of governing. Was it not for that things would have quitened down a long time ago, possibly after the deposition of Mubarak. They will not be satisfied until they see the Mubarak family suspended by ropes (hanged) in Tahrir Square