Rangi Chase

Latchford Locks

So Chase has been selected by Steve"Win at all costs and keep my job" McNamara.

A diabolical disgrace to the game..

England RL should mean just that.Sink or swim but be honest is the only way it should be.

How can fans support their national side when it is quite plainly just a collection of men who are not born and bred English?

Why not just call them McNamaras Band !

For goodness sake Chase played AGAINST England this season.

Total bobbins!!

Thank You...... rant over :roll:

I agree. He should not be playing for England. I have already heard people making the excuse that "other sports do it" but I don't consider that justification.

We are always harping on about home grown players and bringing our academy through then we push them out for a kiwi.

I agree. He should not be playing for England. I have already heard people making the excuse that "other sports do it" but I don't consider that justification.

We are always harping on about home grown players and bringing our academy through then we push them out for a kiwi.

How must the lads in our(and all other)under 20's teams feel when the main ambition at that age and younger is (a)Win a major trophy (b)Play for your country

Well actions like this send out the message "you ain't going to be sure of a fair crack of the whip" because the national coach just thinks win at all costs is the game.

Just ask Jon Clarke how proud he and his parents and grandparents were when he got selected and it will say it all !

A touch of double standards? Aren't the various antipodeans in the Warrington squad (and others) getting in the way of home player progression?

The thread is about foreign players representing England at Rugby League.

All clubs have historically recruited non British players and some with astounding success our own Brian Bevan & Harry Bath being prime examples and those players and many more over the years have contributed to the legends and folklore of our game.

This is a totally different concept.

Rangi Chase is a brilliant performer and had McNamara not chosen to include him in the squad he would be criticised for not doing so. So it's a case of damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. He would be a tremendous acquisition for the mighty Wire if he were available but seeing he's just signed an extension at Castleford it's highly unlikely unless of course Mr Simon shakes the money tree and a couple of hundred grand falls from it.In my opinion the Antipodean influence has gone too far in this country...We've got a whole raft of players from down under most of whom are no better than the home-grown we've already got. The Aussie coaches are an even worse influence in the game with their boring negative tactics which are bringing the game down as an entertainment(Mr Smith excluded because he's now a Pommie).

Rangi Chase is a brilliant performer and had McNamara not chosen to include him in the squad he would be criticised for not doing so. So it's a case of damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. He would be a tremendous acquisition for the mighty Wire if he were available but seeing he's just signed an extension at Castleford it's highly unlikely unless of course Mr Simon shakes the money tree and a couple of hundred grand falls from it.In my opinion the Antipodean influence has gone too far in this country...We've got a whole raft of players from down under most of whom are no better than the home-grown we've already got. The Aussie coaches are an even worse influence in the game with their boring negative tactics which are bringing the game down as an entertainment(Mr Smith excluded because he's now a Pommie).

Agree with all this. There is no reason why Chase shouldn't play for England, it's in the rules. The Aussies and Kiwis have been doing it for years with Samoans and Tongans and no-one has lifted an eyelid. I also agree that there are too many average Aussies playing over here. HKR signed another today. If you take into account all the different rules they've got them under they now have 11 overseas players on the books for next season. So much for promoting youth in this Country.

Agree with all this. There is no reason why Chase shouldn't play for England, it's in the rules. The Aussies and Kiwis have been doing it for years with Samoans and Tongans and no-one has lifted an eyelid. I also agree that there are too many average Aussies playing over here. HKR signed another today. If you take into account all the different rules they've got them under they now have 11 overseas players on the books for next season. So much for promoting youth in this Country.

Hull KR should hang their heads in shame at this reckless abuse of so called eligibility rules....but they wont <_<

You would have thought they had learnt their lesson after the Willie Mason debacle

Hull KR should hang their heads in shame at this reckless abuse of so called eligibility rules....but they wont <_<

You would have thought they had learnt their lesson after the Willie Mason debacle

Saw this on facebook ......

The awkward moment when during God Save the Queen at the four nations, Rangi Chase breaks out into the Haka.

Priceless... :D:D:D:D:D

• 3 weeks later...

Saw this on facebook ......

The awkward moment when during God Save the Queen at the four nations, Rangi Chase breaks out into the Haka.

Priceless... :D:D:D:D:D

Former Great Britain coach Maurice Bamford is bitterly opposed at seeing Castleford’s New Zealand half-back Rangi Chase being declared eligible to now represent England after playing for New Zealand in the past.

He told MEN Sport: “Chase is a good player but what must our own players such as Danny Maguire and Richard Myler think when they are snubbed at the expense of a player who has previously played for a rival country?

“What goes on leaves me staggered. I may sound a little arrogant in my comments but I just feel there’s so much of a false front with this whole Four Nations concept.”

• 11 months later...

So Chase has been selected by Steve"Win at all costs and keep my job" McNamara.

A diabolical disgrace to the game..

England RL should mean just that.Sink or swim but be honest is the only way it should be.

How can fans support their national side when it is quite plainly just a collection of men who are not born and bred English?

Why not just call them McNamaras Band !

For goodness sake Chase played AGAINST England this season.

Total bobbins!!

Thank You...... rant over :roll:

Further to my post(above) it now seems he is off back down under to play for St George or at least have trials.

It has already been said apparently that due to visa problems he would have to go home at the end of his current contract or if he went to S Africa on "McNamara's jolly boys outing" that he would have difficulties re-entering the UK.

And this guy was picked to play for OUR NATION in preference to home grown talent.

Am I missing something or is our national coach totally inept ?

• 2 weeks later...

I've changed my mind about this player ever since he attacked a Featherstone player earlier this season with his elbow and badly injured him..I wouldn't want him playing for the mighty Wire nor should he play for England.

Don't worry on that count ,He has signed up for another season at Cas ...now I wonder why ?? I mean the postman must have been working overtime delivering offers from other clubs through his letterbox. 8)

Bet Cas fans are ermmmmm over the moon :wub:

So has the link with St George fallen through then ? Talking about young Rangi's indiscretion against Featherstone affecting his eligibility to play for England,I sometimes wonder how that other overseas thug Maurie Fa'asavalu managed to get a few games with England .

• 3 weeks later...

Apart from Chase not being English and shouldn't be playing for England, was there anything else worth talking about? The recent 'International Final' was a joke.

A 3/4 full stadium where you could here a pin drop and played on a Sunday evening so as not to clash with anything of note. Hardly a mention in the national press compared to 4 pages of the recent Rugby Union Internationals. An attendance of 7,900 compared to 82,000. The game is dying and dying fast. :roll:

Chase provided nothing more than Myler in what was nothing more than i men v boys debacle . Surely a 3 game Exiles series or a similar best of the rest of Superleague series would give sterner opposition.Either way we will always be lagging behind southern hemisphere teams.

Chase must be very difficult to play both with and against...He not only sells dummies to the opposition he also dummies passes to his own team mates and they don't know if he intends to pass the ball or not.If two long passes and a single break make a good performance then he had a good game.I don't know why McNamara chose to play him knowing he's off down under soon.