Cage fighting kids?

observer

Obs is referring to a story I heard on the radio this afternoon. Some Labour Club held a cage fighting exhibition featuring kids of 8 & 9.... the club landlady was on trying to defend it, but she sounded just like someone off Jeremy Kyle and just dug a big hole for herself.

She was banging on about teaching the kids discipline and control, when in fact I reckon they were just teaching the kids how to beat up other kids when they get a bit older...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2011/09/22/sick-cage-fighting-for-kids-is-slammed-by-experts-as-barbaric-115875-23436934/

I watched the subject in question on the news tonight and personally find the the whole issue very disturbing, to show two children one boy of eight years old and the other nine brawling in a mesh cage in front of a crowd of jeering men to me is not acceptable and to hear one of the fathers not only justifying the actions of his son but openly encouraging it, sorry, but I can't understand why this sort of venue can be allowed to continue to operate. :angry:

100% agree Algy, that’s one “sport” that I find just too brutal and not that far short of what you might expect to see in a Saturday night bar brawl.

I hear the arguments that had this been some youngsters giving a boxing demonstration, then there’d be some that would possibly applaud it. But as it stands though I doubt there’d many (if any) on this forum that didn’t find the whole thing unpalatable.

Bill :)

I am not against kids doing martial arts ie karate, judo, kick boxing or even boxing etc as they are usually non 'real' contact sports at a younger age and they are disciplined. In a way it actually stops many from fighting as they get it out of their systems and they learn respect and get fit too.

I even saw the photo's of the two young kids rolling around on the 'cage' floor today in the paper and shame on me I initially thought well it's not really that bad they aren't actually allowed to hit each other and then I saw the pictures showing grown men getting some sort of buzz out of it. :evil:

And now I have seen the video, read a bit more about it and heard that all these so called adults were paying to watch these kids and one young lad was crying as he was hurt I AM APPALLED !!!

I dont know where to aim my disgust. Should it be at the club who allowed it, the people who watched it, the people who filmed it... OR THE KIDS PARENTS !!

Parents are in the number one spot at present :evil:

Ps I have done karate, and judo, my other half is a black belt in karate, my son has done karate and a bit of boxing (the latter non contact and to keep fit) and other member of my family have and still do kick boxing so like I say I am not against such sports but within reason !!

I just hope that maybe the press are building all of this out of proportion as they sometimes do to sell papers and that in reality it is not as barbaric as they are making it out to be. Can't see it somehow though :evil:

A lot of things wrong with this.

If it was just teaching kids a discipline like Karate, it would be okayish.

BUT it is not!!!

The whole thing is set up copying what the adults do. The whole buid-up to arriving in the cage is unnecessary.

Spectators actually pay £25 to watch it. The loser will be no doubt traumatised and then you have the pushy parents forcing/brainwashing the kids to fight.

The whole thing needs STOPPING now!!!!!

I wonder why anyone thought it would be a good idea to include children in this event at all? Apparently there were 14 other fights on the night, so did they think it was just a bit of fun as an appetiser? I would question anyone's motives, particularly the parents, if they thought this was a good environment for anyone under 18. It was completely unnecessary and slightly dubious in my opinion, possibly the parents thinking they could get their children into the spotlight, fame and fortune were beckoning at any cost.

Sickening! How low is society to be allowed to sink?

Those children are being used and abused, they should be taken into care.

We cannot sink any lower. It has already been reported elsewhere that the UK is at the bottom of the pile. Over the decades, politicians have succeeded only in taking the Great out of Great Britain. :(

Our Jeremy Kyle under-class have always enjoyed such antics in our past; be it bear-baiting, cock-fighting,etc, while the upper-classes chased the fox! Bare knuckle fighting was only made respectable by the Marquis of Queensberry! :unsure:

.... and not forgetting the ex?? hubby of Katie Price (aka Jordan), My Big Fat Gyppo Wedding and Celebrity Big Brother :lol: All of which I'm sure you are familiar with Obs :P

They got rid of fox hunting because it was cruel, as to the boys fighting it was plain wrong :!:

Everything in life is cruel when it comes to killing animals. Even cruel catching fish with a hook, but no-one seems bothered. We eat meat, fish, poultry etc isn't that cruel?

Digging up vegetables and wrecking their cycle is cruel. :unsure: