Solar Energy Farm?

observer

Don't know all the ins and outs of it, but apparently you don't need that much.

Renewable; readily available and possibly less ugly than windfarms, and from what I hear,possibly less expensive, and likely to be easier to maintain

All very interesting.

Happy days

I agree, Harry, must be better than the wind farms anyway.

A yes, another game of guess the story Obs is talking about.

I'll pass.

Ahhh but in this instance if you had read the recent news pages on here you wouldn't have to guess... :wink: Obs like's making us all 'wonder' though :lol:

http://www.warrington-worldwide.co.uk/articles/10184/1/10-million-solar-farm-plan/Page1.html

quite a lot of comments made under that one which could explain this latest one from todays news

http://www.warrington-worldwide.co.uk/articles/10215/1/Think-again-about-solar-farm---Labour/Page1.html

Don't know all the ins and outs of it, but apparently you don't need that much.

I think you need a lot if it?s going to be commercially viable otherwise the equipment may even be broken before it?s broken even. :cry: We?ve all heard the theory that says we can get heat energy out of an ice cube and while that might be true, it?s certainly going to be a whole lot easier to get it out of something hot.

Just looking out and I reckon that solar and wind wouldn?t be doing much today. We need some bright spark to come up with something that generates power from cold grey days like today because we seem to have plenty like this.

Bill :)

Some of the lads use a solar panel to re-charge their bait boats. The panels are about 18" x 12" in size. Although they don't completely re-charge the boat (2 x 12 volt batterys), they do give an extra journey out into the lake of about 100 yds if left on for long enough. They are more useful and succesful if going over to France for a week, where they can maintain a full charge for 7 days.

There are at least four streets of house round here that have the sun (when it shines that is) all day as they have a north/south facings aspect. Plenty of opportunity to fit solar panels to them (and provide a small amount of extra insulation) and thereby solve the problem of where it would be sited.

There must be many such streets around the town and as an added incentive to have them fitted maybe a small reduction in council tax might be on the table. :wink:

Well no harm in asking is there :D

That's the obvious way to do it Sid, I've actually seen some Council properties fitted with solar panels; so all they need to do is continue with a policy of demand reduction; which can be supplemented by local generation schemes like waste incineration (two birds with one stone). :wink:

Think the local authorities are in a great position to do it re bulk buying and ostensibly free labour.

Iam told though, if you have it done for you as a private person, you have to live a long time to re-coup the cost (that's if you ever actually do).

Think the best idea is to cancel December, Jan and Feb - and give Father Christmas the sack.

Happy days