Order now while stocks last

asperity

Well don't laugh then Bill. :roll:

As for the extra bank holiday the only difference it make to me is that it is one days pay less this year as I don't get paid for days that I do not work. (Classed as self employed in the same way that agency workers are. No work no pay) :cry:

What it does mean though is that when I do have my day off I can find a nice quiet place with no TV or radio so that I do not have the problem of trying to find one of the numerous stations or channels that are showing the wedding. (Like there is some chance of that happening) :?

On the brighter side it will mean that I should be able to get out on the bike for a bit as the roads should be fairly empty, unless we get a load of street parties in which case it is walk the dog and then back into the pit to catch up on some hibernation. 8)

I can't wait. I think it will be a wonderful event for the country and a damned sight more appealing than the Olympics and a lot less cost to me too

Baz, you don't have to pay your workers a penny for doing nothing for a day during the Olympics but you do for the Royal Wedding extra bank holiday. Have you gone all soft and soppy you old romantic :D:D:D

:o its not an official bank holiday and many employers are refusing to recognise it as such !! As far as i know its a normal working day for the Orbit News Team

Yeah... Indy's resurfaced at long last :D

Like PJ says it IS an official bank holiday Indy.... at least you are 'allowed' to going into work and as such you will get paid so you should be very thankful to Gary for that :wink::P

From the Direct.gov website:

Time off for employees

You don't have an automatic right to paid leave on bank and public holidays, though many people receive the day off work. Any right to time off or extra pay for working on a bank holiday depends on the terms of your contract of employment.

:wink::wink:

Some companies offer double pay or time of in lieu for working on bank holiday Indy. BNFL used to :D

My other half doesn't get paid for bank holidays but then again he doesn't get paid for any time he has off. Going on holiday or being ill are very costly therefore he prefers to go in and spread his germs around :shock::lol:

From the Direct.gov website:

Time off for employees

You don't have an automatic right to paid leave on bank and public holidays, though many people receive the day off work. Any right to time off or extra pay for working on a bank holiday depends on the terms of your contract of employment.

:wink::wink:

So its just the same as all the other "official" bank holidays then.......... Thanks for the confimation.