What are you listening to right now?

fugtifino

You big softie Algy :wink:

I've never heard that version although I've heard the orig of course. How bizarre but although spiders are mentioned in yours I rather like it. Maybe I will see spidies a differently now.

Do you think your wife may stay on the phone longer so she doesn't have to listen to your music :lol:

The song was written for the movie - "Heartburn".

My wife has a totally different music taste to me. :blink:

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

I attended a funeral last week, a very sad occasion, and as background music they played a couple of appropriately chosen favourite songs of the deceased, by a male singer called Mandy Patinkin. I had never heard of him before. Two tracks "Over the Rainbow" and "If I Loved You" sounded excellent versions, but perhaps it was just the emotion of the occasion. I have since found out a bit about him online, and his music. Has anyone else listened to any of his music and like to comment?

In between listening to the 'missus' wittering on to our daughter on the phone, you'd think they hadn't seen each other for months, we were there yesterday, much to my son in laws dismay she informed him of the ManU result while he was recording it and had managed up to that point to not to know what it was, so she's not exactly flavor of the month with him, anyhow I have been listening to another of my favorite songs - extended version.

Another great track on the Coming Around Again CD is her version of "As Time Goes By" The harmonica solo at the end of the track is by Stevie Wonder. A classic. Superb. All the songs on this CD were featured in a recorded live evening concert overlooking a harbour somewhere in the States. That was many years ago. Shown twice on TV. I don't think it's available on DVD, but if anyone finds it is, let me know!!!

Yeah like it will be a sell out... but then again there are some weird people about :lol:

A slow and painful death by cocktail sticks in the eyes, having my innards eaten by parasitic worms with gigantic teeth whilst being covered in itching powder (with a covering layer of hot molten tar) sounds far more appealing than a night listening to them :lol:

Yeah like it will be a sell out... but then again there are some weird people about :lol:

A slow and painful death by cocktail sticks in the eyes, having my innards eaten by parasitic worms with gigantic teeth whilst being covered in itching powder (with a covering layer of hot molten tar) sounds far more appealing than a night listening to them :lol:

Go along with you there Dizz. :D :grin: :D

Sorry to change the mood (I'm not really!) but I've been listening to Pilgrim's Way again. Didn't know what they sounded like until they played at our club at the Marquis of Granby. Now, they seem to be winning awards all over the place. Nice to see and hear youngsters carrying traditional music further. :P

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...