Dead Heat?

observer

a bit disrespectful, its a throwback to the film soylent green. it may take 35 years to pay back but hey, its a one off big spend, its another ?14,500 to save from the budget. And i dont buy into the whole "eco argument", NOx and water vapour are bigger contributors to "global warming" than CO2, one of the resons why i dont drive a car, i refuse to pay tax based on a scientific hypothesis.

Interestingly enough I remember when i first started my current job as a fire tester, i had a phonecall from a crematorium, wondering which fire test is best to take a toxicity sample from a typical coffin, different to the usual samples for trains and ships!

Well I can't see really what all the fuss is about really.... :oops:

It's not like they are proposing to shovel the burning embers out and run next door to put them in heating chambers under the pool.

The thing I find more 'odd' is having a crematorium right next to a public swimming pool in the first place.

Mourners and coffins and excited giddy kids with armbands mingling as they pass each other just doesn't seem right right :?

seems like a very sensible idea to me but then i am evil :twisted:

often wondered if it would be cost effective to fit heat exchangers into the flu of a house so that the hot exhaust gasses would be utilized instead of just venting straight into the atmosphere. might not save much but every little helps.

That's a good idea.... :D

A heat saving tip for Obs here if he drives and has a garage attached to his house.

Obs.... A lot of heat comes out of a car exhaust so why don't you buy a long piece of vent tube and pipe it from your exhaust into the room that your pc is in :lol::wink:

Well, you'll be pleased to know; that Salford Uni has built a small terraced house inside a laboratory, to research the benefits of various forms of heating insulation - the tests are due to reach a conclusion in 3 years time! Fine, but perhaps research into the obvious - that insulation reduces energy demand = a saving to the user = reduced strain on supply etc. So why hasn't this Government embarked on a "free" home insulation programme for all? :?:roll:

You mean like loft insulation Obs ? You can but a roll of it for ?5 in B&Q so why should the government pay for it. Or rather why should WE pay for others to have it ?

Mother in law just had her's done for free after endless phone calls telling her she was eligable due to her age etc.

In the end she said OK.. they then sent someone round to 'evaluate' who said she needed at bit more insulation but would have to make sure the loft was completely empty.

Then they came again for another look followed by even more phone calls and finally a couple of blokes turned up with some rolls and did it.

HOW MUCH did all these visits and calls cost the government/us? Is it a standard charge per house or dependant on visits and other things?

Not to mention that she can easily afford to have paid for it herself anyway :?:roll:

Energy demand is predicted to rise beyond current supply capacity within the next few decades; hence the debate about what type and how many power stations we need. BUT, one of the simplest and quickest approaches is to pursue a policy of demand reduction. And why is it in your interest to ensure every home has it? - so your not plagued with blackouts in the future. :roll:

Energy demand is predicted to rise beyond current supply capacity within the next few decades; hence the debate about what type and how many power stations we need. BUT, one of the simplest and quickest approaches is to pursue a policy of demand reduction. And why is it in your interest to ensure every home has it? - so your not plagued with blackouts in the future. :roll:

Steady, obs. Folk don't think about the future. :wink: