Pete Postlethwaite OBE, Actor and Warringtonian

Sue Durnim

Every time I wached "Brassed Off" with Pete Posslethwaite, I couldn't help but think of a chap called Len who led Warrington Silver Band for years.

On occasions such as Warrington Walking Day, Len could be seen proudly strutting forward in front of the band with a beam on his face, baton in hand, chest forward, and shoulders back with a spring in his step.

The two looked very similar in their manerisms..

R.I.P. Pete Posslethwite.

Unfortunatly I have no idea who he is :oops: but my other half says he was indeed a great actor who will be sadly missed by many.

RIP Mr P :cry:

You have led a very sheltered life and missed an awful lot of great movies then! :oops::wink:

Can't believe you have not heard of someone, described as the world's greatest actor by Spielsberg, who was from Warrington! :shock:

I'm rather embarrassed actual especially seeing as though he's from Warrington but then again I don't tend to watch TV or repeats of older stuff. My other half was rather shocked by my admission too :oops:

I shall watch 'brassed off' if I can find it although it does ring a bell so maybe I have already seen it :oops::wink:

I'm rather embarrassed actual especially seeing as though he's from Warrington but then again I don't tend to watch TV or repeats of older stuff. My other half was rather shocked by my admission too :oops:

I shall watch 'brassed off' if I can find it although it does ring a bell so maybe I have already seen it :oops::wink:

He has also featured quite heavily in news items on this website over the years, appeared in the local press and had a beer made in his honour by a localy brewery which warrington-worldwide have sponsored for at least the last five years at the local Oktoberfest which has been discussed nmerous time son this very forum :roll::oops::lol: