Empty pub

Lucy

My husband and I went out for a meal at a pub/restaurant last night. We were surprised to find the place buzzing, full of people and a good atmosphere when we arrived. We started our meal and then suddenly discovered we were alone. The place was empty except for us and one guy sitting at the bar with a pint. The atmosphere had gone. We enquired of the waittress what had happened and she said shey had all gone home to watch the X-factor. The guy at the bar stated it was "pathetic" and showed what a state the nation was in. While I wouldn't go so far as to suggest it had much to do with the state of the nation, I have to agree that it is pretty pathetic that so many adults are so influenced by one of the most trashy programmes on TV. The waittress predicted that the pub would fill up again after the programme was over and, lo and behold, she was right. I hesitate to post this item in the music section because X-factor has precious little to do with music but I wonder how many members of this forum stayed in to watch the show? Were YOU one of the moronic masses?

How sad of them all eh. Fancy being out and rushing home to watch xfactor :shock:

I have watched a few of the shows over the weeks (if show is the right word) but although I did stay in last night I didn't watch the final. Wouldn't have dared to anyway as my other half was in :lol::lol:

At the end of the day whoever wins (or won) will soon be forgotten about by their so called 'new fans' anyway so rather a pointless exercise.

I used to like watching all the early auditions though as some were quite amusing :oops::lol: Shame they had to spoil it with never ending 'chatter' though :roll::wink:

Just to let you know that I was wearing my ?Bull S**t Deflectors? over my ears, when I was watching the show for a while. As ever, dreadful music choices, sang by very bland and over-rated karaoke singers. The weekend that music died.

I thought Rebecca sounded like ?Eartha Kitt? and the winner very forgettable.

I for one, am not fooled by the verbal diarrhea that come out of the judges mouths, especially Minogues or Coles with her sanctimonious tearful eyed, poor me, I know what you are going through routine.

Even the compare, pretentious Dermot O?Dreary, is so contrived, he likes the sound of his own voice and always looks like he practicing and talking to himself in the mirror.

While we are on he subject of TV talent? Shows, I cannot abide the voice over man on ?Strictly? why does he have to pronounce the full name of every judge on the panel everytime they show their score!

I feel better now! :oops:

The 'overpaid under talented' judges are the only winners on that pathetic show .......... money for old rope. Any single person on the planet who listens to music is a critic and can give opinion on it, personal taste, the difference being that the 4 stooges judging this show are paid ridiculous amounts for doing something that anybody could do.

Apparently rumours are that for the next series they are having 4 new judges who will actually give honest opinions on how dire the entrants on it are ..... so far John Lydon, Ozzy Osbourne, Victor Meldrew and Janet Street Porter are the new 4 ..... hopefully that should stop anyone getting past any of the audition stages and thus shortening the series to about 3 weeks ! :lol:

I agree that it is pathetic - but I can remember my parents making sure we were home for the Ed Sullivan show. No there is no comparison between the reality based bull and Ed Sullivan but the point I am trying to make is people have rushed home for a long time to see a show - Corrie?? :wink:

I would be more inclined to rush out of the house if "Corrie" was coming on!

The interesting thing is that these days there is no need to alter one's life to watch a particular programme. You can record it.

Or are we to assume that X-factor and Corrie fans cannot work out how to do that?

I managed to record Corrie last week Egbert.. :D:wink:

Was only a one off though :wink:

.....and even worse after running out of hard drive space on the V Box my other half pointed that we had almost 17 hrs of unwatched xfacor on it. Some muppet must have set it to automatically record :lol::oops:

:lol::lol: don't worry xfactor was promptly deleted :wink:

We do tend to get to 'critical' level a lot on our V Box though but there are 3 of us and the other two tend to press the record 'whole series' button a lot..... fishing...canal boats....saddo woodwork programmmes and the likes :lol::wink:

I just stick to my pc :D:lol::wink: