Warrington has the X-Factor

Gary

Why are they switching Christmas light on in the middle of November? Surely switching them on sometime in December would save a few weeks worth of electric.

Anyway, it can't be the right time yet, none of the houses in Bewsey and Dallam have their lights on yet!! :lol:

:shock: Well when i filmed last year it was heaving to say the least (Lucy Jones) ... This year was certainly nowhere near as busy .... Treyc was really nice to talk too, very down to earth and to do photos with was quiet natural, but i agree not a great crowd puller .... many people were turned away early on because they didnt have a free ticket ?? I saw at least 80 people leave because they were not allowed into the market place to watch.....

I wonder how busy it would have been if a more popular act had been on stage .. even the press pit was very quiet .. :roll:

Why are they switching Christmas light on in the middle of November? Surely switching them on sometime in December would save a few weeks worth of electric.
Aye good point Baz..

And err......

Anyway, it can't be the right time yet, none of the houses in Bewsey and Dallam have their lights on yet!! :lol:
...good point :lol:

LOL!!

Seriously though, why did we have some no-mark karaoke singer doing the job that maybe the Warrington Wolves should have done? After all they did win back to back cups......apparently!!

Imagine due to the simple equation -

People who watch x-factor = Gormless

People who go to watch lights being switched on = Gormless

Gormless + Gormless = everyone going home saying what a great job the council did there.

Not wishing to be negative but if the xmas lights are the same standard as in the past switching them on early will not use that much electricity, the illuminated "banner" stretching across the road at Bridge Foot has been pathetic, I have seen better displays in country villages so let us hope this years are an improvement. How many of you remember the large christmas tree that used to stand in the middle of the circus at Market Gate after the war we used to have one provided to the town by the Norwegian government.

LOL!!

Seriously though, why did we have some no-mark karaoke singer doing the job that maybe the Warrington Wolves should have done? After all they did win back to back cups......apparently!!

Excellent point!!!!!!!! Baz J!

I have no doubt these glorified pub singers would have paid a modest appearance fee and would have thought Warrington Wolves would have been a better choice and they would have probably donated their appeareance fee to a local charity, poor planning, bismal promotion opportunity!

How about reducing the rates to minimal and attracting business to the town. No, stupid idea, sorry for even mentioning it, forget it :oops::oops::oops::oops: And cheaper bus fares/parking etc (FOOLS!!! LESS IS MORE)

Exactly and the very same ideas that have been suggested many times but to no avail.

You only have to look at places like the Trafford Centre, Cheshire Oaks and even Widnes... for starters FREE PARKING. Warrington only has free parking on Thursday nights and Sunday's at xmas time and apparently it was chocker today.

Who wants to browse shops when they know that even if they don't find anything they want they will be expected to pay OTT parking prices every time for the privilege.

So glad I don't like browsing or shopping, saves me a fortune :lol::lol::wink:

Might aswell shop on the internet though, get the same stuff that's in the sops (cheaper) and then have it delivered to your door for FREE most of the time :?