mersey webcams

algy

It always is at night Baz :roll: but dont be fright it'l soon be morning.

If you go to this link you can see an instant radar picture of whats moving around the Irish Sea and sailing in and out of the Mersey, clk on an icon and it displays lnformation on that vessel and a picture if ones on record, clk on the photo and it brings more pics of the vessel, bit of an anarak aren't I.

http://www.shipais.com/gmap2.php

Steam man myself Baz, not the tarted up reclaimed stuff thats kicking about today though although there are one or two exceptions and as for manufacturing new (Tornado Patriot etc) it shouldn't happen, I do like the early diesels though including those you mentioned.

Here we go :lol::lol:

Do you both have waterproof coats that fold up neatly into little bags (not forgetting the flip over notepads with the elasticated 'page holders' and a pair of good old fashioned binolulars) Why am I thinking of Peter T too when I type that :lol:

It always is at night Baz :roll: but dont be fright it'l soon be morning.

If you go to this link you can see an instant radar picture of whats moving around the Irish Sea and sailing in and out of the Mersey, clk on an icon and it displays lnformation on that vessel and a picture if ones on record, clk on the photo and it brings more pics of the vessel, bit of an anarak aren't I.

http://www.shipais.com/gmap2.php

What's Asperity's ship called?

it can be quite funny watching them especially the perch rock one when the tide is out. see a person progress in long jerky movements across the sand or car park.

must say i have not been to new brighton for a few years. last time i went managed to go round fort perch on a tour. the marine lake van be interesting if they are windsurfing as well.have walked around the edge of the lake a few times, very tiring if you are not used to it.

Sarnia Liberty at the moment :wink:

Sarnia Cherie twinned with Liberty

Tanker competition winner Adi Byrne at St Sampson?s this morning with soon-to-be-renamed fuel transporter the Vedrey Tora. Mr Byrne put forward Sarnia Cherie and Sarnia Liberty as new names for the Tora and her sister ship, the Vedrey Thor, both of which were bought by the States at the end of last year.

THE end of the German Occupation influenced the winning entries in a competition to choose new names for the island?s oil tankers.

The States bought the Vedrey Thor and the Vedrey Tora at the end of last year to safeguard oil supplies.

A competition was launched through the Guernsey Press to find new names for them and Cable & Wireless mobile phone network engineer Adi Byrne won both of the ?150 prizes with his suggestions of Sarnia Cherie and Sarnia Liberty.

?Because the two ships are almost a lifeline, I drew a connection with those that came to liberate the island after the war,? he said.

Mr Byrne said he briefly considered Sarnia and Cherie as individual names but was aware of other boats that bore the former.

?I thought older people would connect with liberty while they would also appreciate Sarnia Cherie.

?I?m proud to think that I?ve named two ships that will serve Guernsey.?

Chief Minister Lyndon Trott, former marine pilot Deputy Barry Paint and Guernsey Press editor Richard Digard judged the entries.

?I thought that Sarnia Cherie was not only an obvious choice, but one that had been clearly supported by the community elsewhere,? said Deputy Trott. ?For me, having a common link between Sarnia Cherie and Sarnia Liberty made sense because certainly the older generation view Liberation Day as being the most monumental day in Guernsey?s 20th-century history.?

The other judges agreed and said that they were impressed by the very large number of entries and the very clear sense of pride that so many had in their island. The winning entries, in their view, summed that up and Mr Byrne was a worthy winner.

Very good research Algy! I could also add that Sarnia Cherie is the name of an old song about Guernsey that was poular in years gone by and has been adopted as the national anthem of the island. Both ships are chartered and managed by James Fisher Everard.

Yes Peter I have changed ships. Very observant of you (I would say Astute, but any RN readers might think I was taking the mickey :lol::lol::lol: ) :wink::wink: