Confused?

observer

Someone shoots a magnificent stag and nothing done about it. Some folk go picking mushrooms and are arrested. Confused? :?

Observer, totally agree there is a lot of double standards when it come to breaking the law, people who rob pensioners to fund their drug habit, get caught just get a slap on the wrist, people who put the wrong type of rubbish in a wheelie bin, get fined a couple of hundred pounds.

:x

Apparently the stag was shot legally by someone who had obtained shooting rights from the land owner. I was surprised that there are no restrictions on shooting during the rutting season.

It seems a shame, but various people are saying there were good reasons, such as aged, failing health etc. for this particular animal to be shot. :(

The point in culling is to take out the weak and the sick from the herd, in a similar way to predateurs in nature; thus only the strongest genes are passed on. In this case, the Stag WAS the strongest and fittest, and no doubt looking forward to passing on his genes during the rutting season. No Baz, they don't cull humans, that's why it's costing ?billions to farm out the old and sick to Elderly Care Homes. Meanwhile, the mushroom collectors, were arrested for taking endangered species of plants I believe, so it seems priorities are confused. :roll:

Apparently the stag was shot legally by someone who had obtained shooting rights from the land owner. I was surprised that there are no restrictions on shooting during the rutting season.

It seems a shame, but various people are saying there were good reasons, such as aged, failing health etc. for this particular animal to be shot. :(

What> You mean Obs jumped the gun here, an is making a fuss about nothing? Well, I'm shocked. :wink:

Don't think the stag was "protected", it just happened to be the fittest member of the herd, so should have been "protected". :roll: (the rolly is the nearest one to doh!)

Ahhh but the mushrooms were "protected" dear boy. For a good reason too if you believe in the concept of nature and biodiversity.

your need to apportion importance by which order in the food chain or by what physical size an element happens to be sadly points to your ignorance regarding the bigger picture. I'm sorry to be blunt but I imagine I'm not the first to point this out to you. :roll:

Here?s a thought....

....let all the endangered species die, then that will save all the scientists and zoologists from going around the world, this will then reduce the carbon footprint and save reams of paper and trees that they use to write their reports on, also this will save electricity ?cause no one will be searching for them on the internet?.simples!