Confused?

observer

In my opinion, this magnificent Stag on Exmore has been shot by some must have it, and must have it now because I can, and I am within my rights trophy hunter.

It was quite legal in what happened, but the more sporting and nature lovers amongst us would question the ethics of this persons actions. Stags should not be shot during the rutting season.

If for instance this Stag had mated with the hinds of the herd before being shot. The following leader of the herd would not have killed the fawns when they were born, because they were not of his genes. Lions do kill cubs of another male if they take the pride over in order to keep their own blood line going. Deer do not commit infanticide. They should be left to get on with it and let nature take it's course. It was an act of pure selfish greed, nothing more, nothing less. And possibly somebody has dropped a massive clanger.

Incidentally,

about ten years ago now Tatton Park had a Royal Stag. which means it had six equal points on each of its antlers. I have a photo of it somewhere. Great picture, just emerging from the early morning mist. I'll post it when I learn how to use photoshop.

Seems to be a bit of confusion as to wether the Emperor has actually been shot or not. Some locals claim to have seen it in the past week............. eating mushrooms :lol:

PS GARY... if you are reading CAN we have some better smilies please as the ones we've got are boring and don't always 'fit' :shock: (that's a hug by the way but I squeezed to tight and your eyes popped out :lol: )