Air traffic disruptions

Eagle

Crikey Baz couldn't you have gone with Mrs Baz, Kennedy family went there for a holiday 6 years ago....best holiday we've had, great place.

Little lad still in school Paul and seeing as the schools treat taking kids out during term time as a capital offence, plus I am mad busy with work anyway, she went without me :cry: Plus my mum isn't well so a bit awkward really!

Mind you, we may all be going later in the year to actually do the office move and changeover!

wouldn't mind having a butchers at that collection :roll:

obs wrote

Had a look at the insurance implication on the web - seems this may be treated as "an act of God" - so the insurance companies may not be paying out - anyone know the legal process for suing God?!

first question i would ask the insurance company rep is "which god?" and see what their reaction is :lol:

second question i would ask " does that still applied to me as an atheist?"

finally "as the Christian gods main representative would the pope would be the best one to sue if it classed as an act of god?"

oh well that's the pearly gates firmly closed to this person then :oops::twisted:

EvilS... you beat me too it as I was thinking along the same lines :lol:

Watched a good film a while ago starring Billy Connoly called 'The man who Sued God'... his insurance company refused to pay up after his boat was struck by lightening (saying it was an act of God) so he filed a claim against God....... but because of Gods 'absence' in a body form he named the churches officials as being Gods representatives.

The church leaders, their insurance companies and also their solicitors then had to find a way of settling the claim.... do they admit that God did actually do it and therefore admit liability and compensate the claimant accordingly.... or do they deny it altogether and in doing so possibly also deny the existance of God althogether. It was a good film :D:lol:

Anyway back to reality..... seems flight are still cancelled although a few test flights have flown though the volcanic ash to see what effects it has :shock::shock:

Brave pilots or what :shock:

Scientist are also concerned that the current erruption could also trigger a chain reaction of eruptions in other volcanos in the country :shock::?

Odd seeing such blue skies yesterday without any vapour trails though... nice though and very peacefull :wink::D

Thing is, nobody really knows what flying a jet through this cloud will actually do to it.

The stories cited of 747's losing all 4 engines simultaneously both came about when the planes in question flew directly through the plume of ash coming straight out of a volcano - once in Indonesia, and once over Mt. St. Helens in the USA.

This cloud is much less dense than those, but also much, much bigger. So the question is, does flying through a less dense cloud of ash for hours at a time cause the same problems as flying through a very dense cloud of ash for just a few minutes?

Like I say, nobody really knows. Volunteers to find out, anyone?

What, collecting sausages? :shock:

He is talking about my 1960's Ford Corsairs LP. I have a few of them and yes they can be exported Peter.... about ?1100 each!!

Oh. :( I was going to see if you had any swapsies. I've got some lovely crocodile links, which are quite rare over here, and I was hoping to trade a few of those for some local rarities.... the search goes on then :wink: