Replying to news items

Eagle

I get the same thing occasionally mainly because the security letters are often so vague that it's impossible to be certain you're going to get it right. There are better checkers but I think the one we have here comes as standard with the forum and it's not that easy to change.

I doubt I need say this but the letters are case sensitive.

Bill :)

Could be a browser issue - so many different updates these days it impossible to have a website which performs perfectly for every browser.

I have just posted a comment on the lead story, it worked first time and had no issues idetifying the letters which were totally clear.

The only times it hasn't worked for me it is because I have mistyped one of the characters (as they are not always totally clear) but I always get it at the second attempt.

The website is run of a different system to the forum and it is an integrated facility which is pretty standard.

Unfortunately if we removed the security item every spammer in the world would start using it!

It could be the user name you are using - I think you may have to use two letters with a gap betwen them minimum like G S or Fred Blogs - it may not identify one name like Baz, Eagle or Dismayed.

Try posting as Mr Eagle! :lol:

Should have read this first.... just tried 4 times to post a reply on the news page about drink driver figures and each time it told me 'wrong code'.. definately wasn't though..and then it just hung on me :cry:

Was posting with the name 'Dizzy' but it's never been a problem before and I've not changed my browser or settings.

Can't bothered to think and type it all again... oh well :lol::oops::lol:

I typed out my news reply again and posted with the following names taking note of Gary's comments ...

Dizzy - Code FAILED

Dismayed - Code FAILED

Dizzy Again - Code Failed

Miss Dizzy - Code FAILED

Gary Dismayed - Code WORKED

So as long as we all stick the word 'Gary' before our names it should work :?:shock::lol:

Somethings not right there Gary :lol:

I typed out my news reply again and posted with the following names taking note of Gary's comments ...

Dizzy - Code FAILED

Dismayed - Code FAILED

Dizzy Again - Code Failed

Miss Dizzy - Code FAILED

Gary Dismayed - Code WORKED

So as long as we all stick the word 'Gary' before our names it should work :?:shock::lol:

Somethings not right there Gary :lol:

the techy guys are working on the issue - whent hey are working on it it won't work for anyone.

By the time you tried my name they must have gone on a coffee break! :roll::wink: