The Mighty Leeds

Lt Kije

United fans have been complaining about the side Fergie picked - but it was nearly their strongest team available due to injuries.

He played his two star strikers who couldn't find the back of the net despite numerous chances and brought on Giggs, Valencia and Owen off the bench and still couldn't manage to break down a strong workmanlike Leeds team who fully deserved their victory.

In fact Leeds chould have won 3-0 in the closing stages with a little better finishing.

Best team won and it is the first time Fergie has been dumped out at the third round stage.

They got what they deserved after dishonouring the competition a few years ago by not even entering it.

Mind you at least they have got the League cup to play for - and that is about their best chance because from what I have seen this season they are nowhere near good enough to win the league or European cup.

They have even run out of luck and Fergie time! :lol:

United fans say it doesn't matter - well to all true football fans the F.A Cup is still the most famous cup competition in the world steeped in history.

Last year United equalled Liverpools number of league titles - now Liverpool have the chance of equalling United's FA Cup wins!

Last year United equalled Liverpools number of league titles - now Liverpool have the chance of equalling United's FA Cup wins!

:?:?:? quite possible if United don't bother entering the competition for the next 3 years and Poo win it 4 years on the trot. Otherwise keep hoping :roll:

:?:?:? quite possible if United don't bother entering the competition for the next 3 years and Poo win it 4 years on the trot. Otherwise keep hoping :roll:

Currently United 8 Liverpool 7 !

Gary, to save you checking:-

1909, 48,63,77,83,85,90,94,96,99,2004

I based my facts on Sky Sports so they don't know what they are talking about! :oops:

I think two of those were lucky wins against Liverpool as well!

11-7 then - still 5-3 for the big one! :twisted:

Once again old whiskey puss is moaning about time added on...only 5 minutes. Perhaps Ferguson should be issued his own whistle and let him referee the game, either that or allow play to continue until the result he wishes is attained. It's about time he called it a day...he's getting on for 70 years old, has millions in the bank so why bother ?

Gary, isn't it a bit sad when the highlight of your season doesn't include your own team? :lol:

Not half as sad as losing at home to a team two divisions lower!

Don't forget the last three premier league games between Liverpool and United as well.

I've had plenty to celebrate! :lol:

Shame the United City match has been snowed off - that could have been something else to celebrate as well! :wink: