Head gear?

observer

the compensation should be taken directly from the salary of the idiot who tried to enforce the sikh to wear a helmet.

Surely the precedents set regarding headgear for motorcycles etc should have made the idiot aware of the stupid task that he wss trying to enforce. There again he was a policeman so enough said about sense.

The gent apparently suffered panic attacks, stress and palpitations and had to go off sick from work over the issue during the long-running dispute with his employers.

Question... should he really be in the police force :shock: Have to wonder how he would have coped or reacted if he was faced with a serious or life threatening situation :shock:

As for riots and protective head gear.... does a turban offer the same level of protection?

If he was seriously injured after a wack on the head wearing his turban could his family sue the police for not enforcing that he wore the correct safety gear :?

If that is their belief, fair enough, but these people should decide whether they want the job with the same rules as everyone else, or try a different trade that is compatible with their religious views.

It's a nonsense to alter the rules to accommodate them or even give them compensation. :twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted:

Thank you. At last I have managed to stoop down to your level. Unfortunately for you, this is where you will always be; I will go back up now!

Not on topic....... but I'd just like to say that that is a brilliant statement and one that I will definately remember and use in my off-line life where appropriate (which will probably be quite often) :lol::lol: Nice one :wink:

PS Lt K... I will probably think of you too each time I say it :wink::lol:

The problem is Kije, that in the world that we now live in, evrybody is told that their are no boundries to their employment prospects and that everything is possible.

If he were to be on front line riot patrol and got clocked on the head with half a brick, I doubt that his turban would protect him. You have to look at modern building sites for a comparison, if you turn up on any site today, there are usually big signs that say "NO HAT, NO BOOTS.....NO JOB"

would it be fair to let a turban wearer onto a building site and not enforce the hard hat rule that every body else has to obey?

And how does a riot policeman do his job without a helmet LtKije?? get into the real world. You say you work on industrial sites, and I bet you aren't allowed to enter without wearing full PPE, with no getout clause for your "religious beliefs". The same thing applies to any workplace and if your "religious beliefs" stop you from entering the workplace then compensation should not apply. :roll::roll:

......and you accuse me of talking crap Kije!!!

The bloody Talibanies (or maybe you don't like me refering to them like that as it may be a bit racist in your eyes?) wear turbans.... maybe we shouldn't shoot at them unless they wear the same helmets as our chaps??