Head gear?

observer

In WW2 Kyje, Elf and Safety hadn't been thought of - most allied troops in Burma wore slouch hats (Aussies, Gurkhas etc); and jungle caps are still the issue for such warefare. The point is, that safety rules are there for everyone, irrespective of any primitive belief systems - personally, I think they shouls bring in a rule that all policemen should have short hair and be clean shaven - that should give 'em something to sing(h) about! :wink:

because that was 60 years ago and as you are always quick to point out, times have changed.

The Police service is rife with people like this who are always on the lookout for a quick Compo claim. We've had Clarissa Dick who won thousands for sexual discrimination, we've had police typists claiming tens of thousands for RSI claims

and we get soldiers who have had a foot blown off on active duty getting ?6000... now there is something to put into perspective isn't it?

Thank you. At last I have managed to stoop down to your level. Unfortunately for you, this is where you will always be; I will go back up now!

Not on topic....... but I'd just like to say that that is a brilliant statement and one that I will definately remember and use in my off-line life where appropriate (which will probably be quite often) :lol::lol: Nice one :wink:

PS Lt K... I will probably think of you too each time I say it :wink::lol:

Ooops sorry... was editing my earlier post and pressed the wrong button so it's appeared again :oops:

Carry on chaps... prize for the quickest poster as you are only a matter of minutes away from each other.

SOD OFF DIZZY.... yes I know :lol:

He had to go for compo as he was stopped from doing his job :!: , Why can he fight for our country and sometimes die but not be a police officer :?:

Avoiding my question about wearing PPE in a workplace LtKije?? And where does fighting for his country come into it? WW2 finished in 1945 i.e. 64 years ago and things have changed a bit since then. Stop talking through your fundament and admit you're wrong for a change (and I don't mean it's a change for you to be wrong, I mean it would be a change for you to admit it!!) :roll::roll::roll::wink:

Are you saying they were wrong to put in claims Baz, just because someone in the army gets ?6000, I agree that the person in the army should get more. Don't forget that it was the Tories that brought in this culture of claim :!:

As usual you blame the Tories for anything. Kneejerk reaction with you isn't it LtKije :roll::roll::roll:

Like what asperity, if the Policeman opts out and signs that he has done whats the problem' its a bit like the working time directive :wink:

You cannot gain access to a building site in this country without PPE by "signing away the liabilities" doesn't work like that!

Like what asperity, if the Policeman opts out and signs that he has done whats the problem' its a bit like the working time directive :wink:

If, as you claim, you are used to working on industrial sites you will be aware that you cannot "opt out" of wearing PPE. If you don't want to obey the rules you don't work and there is no compensation available. I get the impression that you don't really know anything about a working environment outside of an office building. Come on LtKije admit you know nothing and move on :wink::wink: