Which football team do you support - and why?

Gary

To try and take the sting out of the football banter lets all try and understand why we support our respective teams!.

LIVERPOOL- Because I was born in the city and my grandfather on my mother's side was a dedicated Liverpool fan. My grandfather on my father's side was a Man Utd and Liverpool fan! He enjoyed watching both teams :shock:

WARRINGTON TOWN FC - My home town team and I am determined to try and help bring a higher standard of football to the town because I believe it will bring many additional benefits to the local community.

You will be surprised to learn that I support Manchester United. This started in 1956 when I was attending Leigh Grammar School and some of my class mates were from Swinton. I was invited to join them at Old Trafford one Saturday (train from Glazebury) and I was hooked. I watched them continually from then until 1968 , marriage and family changing my priorities. My attendance peaked at 59 games in one season.

My visits to OT have been sparse since then for various reasons but obviously they are still my team.

My grandfather on my father's side was a Man Utd and Liverpool fan! He enjoyed watching both teams :shock:

that destroys one of your arguments about life or death true supporters. :wink:

Manchester United.

Although my uncle took me to watch teams like Everton, I was too busy playing sport to have much interest.

When I was a bit of a lad, the Busby Babes were the famous team.The Munich air crash was the deciding factor, and subsequent comeback from that confirmed my support for them.

Warrington Town FC.

I try to support as many Community things as possible, and its nice to see some live football. The hard part was getting used to the fact that there were no replays.

Warrington Town FC, Quite simply, my team, attended my first game in 1992 and have been hooked ever since, gradually started helping out around the ground with jobs, and am now kitman and gateman on home match days.

Albion Rovers FC, They hail from Coatbridge, where my relatives in Scotland come from, and my gran was the cousin of the former chairman and main sponsor

Never really had an English professional team to follow, have flitted between following the fortunes of Newcastle under Keegan and Preston North End, since I went to uni there and went to watch them occasionally

Call us 'Man U Trolls' one minute and then want to know why we support them :?:?:? With some of the remarks on this forum over the last few days I'm surprised some posters haven't been knocking on other posters front doors and punching the other posters lights out. :x

It's the festive season. Peace and Goodwill and all that. :D:wink:

EVERTON - Because my dad supported the Toffees and took me to my first match when I was 6.

TRANMERE - Because I went to school in Birkenhead and it was the done thing to go and watch the Rovers on Friday evening.

I also used to support New Brighton when they played at the Tower Ground (I even saw the great Sir Stanley Matthews play there once!!)

When I was in my teens and could afford it I would watch Tranmere on Friday evening and either Liverpool or Everton on Saturday depending on who was playing at home, but I never got converted to the Liverpool cause, always a true blue!! Three of my brothers are blue and only one is a red ( mind you he is an estate agent so......................)

8)8)8)8)

Call us 'Man U Trolls' one minute and then want to know why we support them :?:?:? With some of the remarks on this forum over the last few days I'm surprised some posters haven't been knocking on other posters front doors and punching the other posters lights out. :x

I must admit passionate and sensitive trolls are a rare breed! :lol:

EVERTON - Because my dad supported the Toffees and took me to my first match when I was 6.

The exact same reason for why I too support Everton.

Whilst I have a Home Season Ticket for games at Goodison, I've decided from now on I'll try and attend Warrington matches, when they're playing at home and Everton are playing away of course. I'd rather not miss matches at Goodison for those at Cantilever Park haha.

What is your view on the Kirby Stadium situation?

I must admit passionate and sensitive trolls are a rare breed! :lol:

Not nearly as rare as a scouser with a sense of humour :roll:

Once a blue always a blue. Evertons support coming mainly from within the city (Hence The Peoples Club) unlike the red side whos support seems to come mainly from N Wales and from those areas designated as overspill such as Runcorn, Winsford, St Helens etc.

It was Brian Labone who once said that 1 Evertonian is worth 20 Liverpudlians :D