Bins not emptied for 4 weeks!!!

Tilly

The residents of Mayfield road have not had their wheelie bins emptied for four weeks, we wait to see if they are emptied today or that'll be five weeks!

It has happened before and is apparently a parking issue which is not being policed due to resources.........

There is discussion amongst neighbours of taking our wheelies bins and parking them on the front of the town hall as protest and cancelling our Direct Debits for our Council Tax until the matter is resolved....

I would like a rebate on the amount of my Council Tax that is used each week to pay for refuse collection and local policing on a Wednesday when my bin is not emptied however I doubt that there are any true unit costs for each item of service, so how is our Council Tax calculated I wonder??

Anyway, fingers crossed my bins is finally emptied today, for all of you that wont sleep with worry and wonder will let you know tomorrow but seriously it's a disgrace!! :x

If it is a parking issue it probably means that the vehicle cannot get past stupidly parked cars............perhaps you need to look at your neighbours before apportioning blame.

Bins weren't collected once near me for the same reason, the stupid parker received the full brunt of his neighbours' displeasure.

Thats no excuse. you pay for the service, if they are unable to provide regardless of reason they shouldnt charge in the first place.

you dont get taxis coming to your house looking for fares they never took because they couldnt get up your street, or milk you never recieved.

the blame is entirely the councils.

Don't bin men have legs these days or are they not allowed to use them for health and safety reasons incase they trip on a pot hole or something :roll:

Surely if a vehicle is blocking the wagons route the bin men could always pull the bins to the wagon instead. They are on wheels for god sake, it's not like they are heavy :roll:

I remember the days when they used to walk up our path and carry our bin down on their backs to empty it for us... and never a moan was heard :D

Quite the opposite Diz: they've forced folk in many areas to take their bins to a collection point; basically so the binmen can complete their rounds on time, and keep the costs of the service down. :roll: They might as well just tell us all to take it to the tip ourselves, then it wouldn't cost anything! :roll: However, we would all need a 4X4 to negotiate the tip! :wink:

Due to me and my neighbour moving most of the bins round to where the trucks could get access they were emptied, only two that were left in the usual pick up point weren't.

A meeting was to take place this morning with neighbours, local Councillor, and supervisor of the refuse collection dept to try to resolve issue so we'll wait and see.

I'll look forward to find out how it went, I couldn't be there due to being at work :cry: From my chats with local neighbours last nite, they were really looking forward to the opportunity to put points forward, have their say etc and so many thanks to Warrington Worldwides James Parr for setting this up and taking an interest in the issue :wink::D

But, at the end of the day Till; it's a cost cutting exercise; they put the binmen on a 4 day week, then discovered they couldn't get round in time; so they're now trying to cut corners to make it work. :roll: Less service, local folk do part of the work, and don't even get a tax refund! :wink:

(ww news); the piece on the residents bin protest in Grappenhall, mentioned the elderly and infirm having to walk their bins to a collection point. :roll: The Council Policy still allows for door collection from such groups, if they provide a doctor's note. :wink:

We have yet to be advised of any "new" collection point for a our bins to be collected from so we are putting them in the usual collection point. We'll just have to see if they get emptied this weeks since we've raised awareness of the problem :roll:

Our bins were emptied yesterday however this was due to a well meaning neighbour again pulling them all out onto the front of the road so we do not really know had they remained in the usual collection place ( still not advised of any change) if they would have been emptied.

Myself and others are considering leaving notes on our bins to ask the well meaning neighbour to leave the bins at their collection point next week to try to establish if anything has really been done about this :roll:

OMG am sooo mad!!! I've just wrote war n peace n lost it, my fault cos not paying attention but aaaaarrrrggghhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hhhhmmmph!

And start again :x

ANY WAY, I AM NOT KNOCKING GOOD NEIGHBOURs, POSTERS ON HERE MUST KNOW I WOULD NEVER DO THAT ESPECIALLY IN LIGHT OF PREVIOUS EXPERIENCES!!!!! :roll: You are SO missiin the point!

My point being that due to a mystery nieghbour, thanks very much, you're dead nice, what would we do with out you, break for breath, blah blah, neighbour of the year award goes to you etc etc, breath again, we now do not know if anyone has done anything about the sitation and all of us are left baffled as to where to leave our bins as no one from the refuse dept has contacted any of us to identify a new collection point, they must have turned up last week just because the local press were there :roll:

Tilly,

I believe that the person responsible for the bin dept. is John Rowson. 442750.

Perhaps if you rang him, he could clarify what has been or not been agreed and whether the info has been passed on to the binmen. or are they Refuse Collectors?