Is it the end for Boris ?

Observer II

Well it looks like Boris's public charm has run out; with his brand of wet Conservatism and empty promises, turning into public rejection at the polls.   Not that M/Shropshire was a surprise or indeed will not see a Tory returned at the next election;  but mainly because his promise to "get Brexit done" has/is failing all those who "lent" him their votes in 2019. He's failed to stem the tide of illegal immigration or return those that have landed;  he's failing to extricate us from the clutches of the EU by scrapping the N/I protocol and going for a "no deal", and no ECJ ; yes, with all the inconvenience that may incure in tit for tat trade wars.  He'd failing to define the political structural reforms that will foster "levelling up".   Finally,  he's surrounded by virus deniers in his own Party, which means a continuation of one step forward and two steps back.  Sadly,  a rejection of the Tories, leaves the way open to an even worse fate, with the return of a hung Parliament,  even more "woke" and arrogantly contemptuous of the 17 million. Come back Nigel; your Country needs you.    😠

I don't know. considering what he was landed with regards brexit and  the pandemic kicking in plus all the sniping from the sidelines he hasn't done too badly.

Would any other party leader have coped as well?

Given that most of the politicos were against leaving the EU gravy train they were on and are just as clueless as regards what steps to take to lower the infection rates, they have taken to piling in to chuck as much mud as they can in the hope that some sticks.

to be honest i find the lot weak chinned halfwits and that is belittling halfwits the world over.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

Well, it seems Lord Frost, our Brexit saviour, has had enough, and has jumped ship.   It's clear to him that Boris isn't a Conservative and certainly carries no Brexit credentials; just an upper class twit, who jumped on the Brexit bandwagon at the right time and has since undermined it.   Still boat loads of migrants landing in Kent, and simply nothing being done to stop them or deport those that have arrived.  The tragedy is, the opposition would be even worse.   😠

• Upvote 1

Vaccine passports are in use right across the world to help with a crisis, but this guy thinks if we do it, it’ll be the start of the slippery slope to totalitarian style government.

If we were the only country trying to do this, he may have had a point, but putting his own personal ideals before the needs and well being of the county is just as bad.

Good riddance say I.

Bill 😊

• Upvote 1

I don't think that's so much Boris Bill;  but the 100 Bolsonaro Brigade backbenchers, obsessing over civil liberties.  I've said before, those Countries with with "authoritarian" regimes will fare better in the long run, as they will accept the restrictions.   The only folk accepting full on restrictions (self imposed) are the at risk grumpies; as they know catching this virus is likely a death sentence.     😷  💀

According to reports, Frost was an arch-Brexiteer, which makes me wonder whether Boris was holding him back from pursuing Article 16 and telling the EU to stuff their Protocol.   What's becoming clear to me, is that Boris hasn't got a conviction in him, a complete Hurra Henry, that used Brexit to get elected.  Given Boris has no sense of direction, it's no wonder those around him have no idea either.   They need someone with the convictions of Thatcher, with a single minded determination to get things done, but I'm afraid I can't see anyone in Parliament who fits the bill.  Sad.     😠

• 1 month later...

It's clear that Boris is a classic "hurray Henry" who holds the lower orders in contempt;  without any solid political convictions, he's prey to the liberal distractions emanating from the marital bed, with half baked ideas of "net zero" and wokeism.  The problem of course is who is there to replace him ?  Politicians are a breed that tend to be spineless, dedicated to self serving career objectives rather than idealism, so I can't think of any worthy of qualifying for the title of Leader, which tends to leave Boris .  We've already got Truss going soft on Article 16, with Sunack opposed to it;  with Patel totally lost on preventing illegal immigration.  The opposition would clearly be worse, with Starmer now feeding the Scots with promises of even more devolved powers, thus hastening the end of the UK as a sovereign entity.   The 17.5 million who voted for Brexit and later voted Tory,  need someone of conviction, who shares their aspiration for "GREAT" Britain and is prepared to deliver it.   😠

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

It seems this Ukranian crisis couldn't have come at a better time for Boris for now Instead of waging a continual borefest of Partygate rumours  and tales; 

Now they have moved over to Imminent Armagedon from the evil Russian hordes .

Oh well 'owt to sell papers I suppose 

Image result for scaremongering funny cartoons

2 hours ago, ninearches said:

What will Labour talk about now ? Probably that Putin wouldn't party the night away .

I certainly wouldn't want to be the misguided person who would question Putin over any partygate type behaviour ... 

Life's sweet and short enough anyway 😵

cowardly cartoon

• Upvote 1

Unbelievably, Boris seems to be water proof, scraping through the traps being laid by the opposition; even Labour's ten point lead has now gone down to three.   :rolleyes:  But it's his supporters he needs to worry about, if he doesn't sort out immigration, ditches net zero and the ECHR and N/I protocol - he's dead meat.   😠

• Upvote 1