It's Here....

Bazj

5 hours ago, Observer II said:

Why can't you believe it, in  some societies they would be shot, just like looters in a riot.  

Get over yourself Obs, we live in a free country not some 3rd world hellhole. Once the idiots have had enough of panic buying they'll go back to watching daytime tv and the soaps and the rest of us can go back to normal. Once you give government the idea that people buying more than they need can be shot then there's no hope for civilisation.

Not sure the modern lamppost will support the weight of a human body these days. They are mainly designed for light weight led units unlike the cast iron gas lamps i grew up with.

If you want to be a bit paranoid you could sign up to the theory that it is a plot by those inscrutable Chinese to gain economic superiority by decimating the world population and production thus giving them a clear market for their cheap goods....💰

if you want a religious slant then you could point out that it is gods punishment for the evils of mankind. (which particular god depends on your particular religion)....

You could go the thunberg route and say that it was the planet getting it's own back by strangling freedom of movement and thus reducing pollution levels...🤭

Well I’ve just got back from Sainsburys and there were an awful lot of completely empty shelves after the weekend stampede. It seemed to be all the popular basics that had gone i.e. no Heinz baked beans but plenty of Sainsburys own brand. No mince beef but plenty of the more expensive choice cuts. No potatoes except the pricey new ones and so on.

On a more positive note, it was good to see that all the staff were really working like Trojans trying to get the stuff back on the shelves like their lives depended on it. And chatting to others (at a slight distance) everyone was appalled at what had happened but none the less most made light of it and kept smiling.

Overall, it wasn’t quite as bad as I expected and we managed to get just sufficient to last the week.

Oh, and sorry, it was me who got the last loaf.

Bill 😊

8 hours ago, Evil Sid said:

Not sure the modern lamppost will support the weight of a human body these days. They are mainly designed for light weight led units unlike the cast iron gas lamps i grew up with.

If you want to be a bit paranoid you could sign up to the theory that it is a plot by those inscrutable Chinese to gain economic superiority by decimating the world population and production thus giving them a clear market for their cheap goods....💰

if you want a religious slant then you could point out that it is gods punishment for the evils of mankind. (which particular god depends on your particular religion)....

You could go the thunberg route and say that it was the planet getting it's own back by strangling freedom of movement and thus reducing pollution levels...🤭

Not much point in killing your potential customers though 🤨

Sid,

There is a better potential conspiracy story there - this has caused governments to give out cash, loans and grants. In the UK equal to 15% of GDP, so the money is created and who buys the bonds? The only people with savings that they can spend on the bonds, that would be the Chinese government, so we all pay interest to the Chinese whilst rebuilding our economies to be less dependent on them. They don't have to sell anything - just buy our debt.

It is just made up honest.

An interesting post on my facebook page this week.

The old people are the most vulnerable and at risk from this virus but are the same old people who are fit and well enough to work until they are 70.

A bit tongue in cheek but nevertheless true.

15 hours ago, asperity said:

Not much point in killing your potential customers though 🤨

But only the old and weak will be killed off the rest will be available for the latest in technology to keep in touch with the rest of the survivors...🤫