Betrayal

asperity

Think you mean the Patrician Elite Asp;  the Plebs, Prols or peasants, are on the receiving end of the betrayal;  the only surprise in it for me, is the lack of reaction from the people.  Whilst personally, I don't condone the violence of the yellow vests in France and elsewhere, it's clearly an understandable reaction by the people to being ignored by the elites.  What does surprise me is the lack of reaction to-date by electorates, who still retain the power to place an X on a ballot paper.  Now you would be correct to say, that this is what they did at the referendum, but what they didn't do, was accompany this with an overwhelming vote for Leave candidates at the following election, you could again argue, that as both the main Parties presented manifestos committed to honouring the referendum result, the electorate were mislead, or simply lied to; and there was a shortage of Leave candidates in that G/Election in any case, with Farage and Co taking a sabbatical.   However, now that the penny or perhaps the Euro, has finally dropped; I'm hearing comments from electors that they "will never vote again".  Again, despite the protestations of politicians, the resulting low turnouts, is exactly what they want,  why would they want to face the wrath of the people.  The answer of course is quite the opposite, this salutary lesson in the true nature of our democracy and it's players, should imo, now result in anti-elitist majorities at all future elections.  Given the probable delay, it's possible that we will get to vote in the coming Euro-Elections, with Farage finally  launching his new Party; with a swing to "populist" Parties throughout Europe, this could transform the political landscape and herald the demise of the EU.  Better still of course, would be for the PM to declare a G/Election, assuming MPs would vote for one (turkeys rarely vote for Christmas!).  

Given that mp's seem to change parties more often than a wife choosing clothes,, it is no surprise that people are saying they will not vote.

Some conspiracy theorist could say that there are no political parties just people who say they are from different parties so that the voters get the  illusion of a choice.

PS if i am not heard from for a few days you know why. 🕵️‍♂️🤣

• Haha 1