Labour Coup !

observer

The Labour Party have been unelectable for a very long time; long before this latest embarrassment. The fact that Corbyn has been a total euro-sceptic for years and then suddenly falls in line with the establishment stating that we need Europe to ensure this, we need Europe to ensure that is just confirming the fact that he doesn't think he will ever be in power to make the decisions and has to rely on the EU to make them for him

That appears to be the historical fact.    As I understand it. all peoples living in and around Palastine are Semitic by race (both Jews and Arab);  Jews are not a race, but a religious grouping; so another case of the abuse of the term "racism".  We now have a situation in public life, where politicians are being bound in a PC straight-jacket, with the PC thought police hanging on every word, just hoping to be offended. Hence the disillusionment with mainstream careerist politics and a move to the extremes in both Europe and the US; in short folk want politicians who say it like it is, or rather as they believe it is; and if their, sometimes bizarre, comments tread on the acquired sensitivities of some, they appear to be resonating with the many.   However, this particular allegation of "racism" or "anti-Semitism" against Pink Ken; is merely the façade of an underlying plot to destabilise Corbyn's leadership, and allow the Bliarite careerist to take back control of the Labour Party, by attacking his close supporters in this instance. As for the alleged offence of "bringing the Party into disrepute", clearly the Mann responsible for that offence, was the MP who deliberately confronted Pink Ken in front of the cameras, thus blowing this spat into a full blown storm, to be seized upon by a media anxious for the return of politics as usual.    :wink:

Not sure what you mean by  " the punch of the Jewish vote";  as that would imply that Jews have some undue influence beyond their numbers, a thought perpetuated in Mein Kampf. Whilst it may be the case, that large numbers of our diverse population, may be courted by some politicians and Parties; the argument of undue influence would require some investigation and evidence. Having said that; it does appear that one section of population; the Trade Unions; do appear to have exercised undue influence by funding the EU Remain Campaign, allegedly (according to a Tory MP) in return for concessions in the new Trade Union Bill. It could be argued of course, that the influence of interest groups is at the core of our democracy, with one Party representing the rich and the other the poor; with neither representing the whole. However, as I've suggested, this incident of PC histrionics; has more to do with the destabilisation of the Corbyn leadership than any real sectarian prejudice.   :wink:

It amazes me really that the middle East situation has been allowed to fester for so long. ever since the formation of Israel in fact.The situation in Palestine & the West Bank has fanned the flames of unrest for generations. Maybe it is time for the UN to put the genie back in it's bottle & insist that Israel lives within its own borders & clear of Palestinian territory.

• Upvote 1

The Jewish thing is a complete red herring, introduced by the plotters to oust Corbyn. Problem is, they've now realised that Corbyn would still win any leadership election involving the rank and file; so they've had to sheath their knives. Realising that Labour is stuck with Corbyn and will not see Government for a while, if ever; many leading lights are now looking for cushy Mayorality jobs as an alternative ! With regard to Israel: the big mistake was to concede a homeland specifically for the Jews (who believe it was bequeathed by God !); alas this omitted to consider all the Palastinian Arabs living their at the time. Had they created a secular State called Palatine that included both Jews and Moslems; perhaps less trouble would have ensued, or perhaps not, as a sectarian civil war may have been the result. Seems a belief in God has a lot to answer for !

• Upvote 1

Good idea there OBS with a state to embrace all.There also seems to be the matter of Jewish freedom fighters/terrorists which seems to have been brushed under the carpet.They inflicted a lot of suffering on their opponents & made up much of the new government of Israel.

• Upvote 1

They inflicted a lot of death and destruction on the British Colonial Police and Army, who were merely holding the area on behalf of the UN.  Illegal enterism by Jewish refugees from Europe, built up the Jewish population levels, ready for their claim for an independent State of Israel.  

You really do spout mountains of rubbish Obs. There is no way the Arabs would have agreed to a shared state called Paletine (Palestine?) or anything else, that contained people of the Jewish faith, let alone a secular state. This has been the whole problem ever since the establishment of Israel, the Arab unwillingness to accept any kind of settlement with the Jewish people. The so called Palestinians are stateless only because it suits the anti-semitic cause, the surrounding Arab countries could easily have absorbed any of the inhabitants of the area who didn't want to be part of the new state of Israel, but they didn't because it didn't suit their agenda.

I think Mr Ben Gurian secured recognition of the "Jewish" State of Israel, recognised by the UN. There was no impediment to them accepting citizenship by all peoples living in Palastine at the time, other than sectarian mistrust, on both sides; which has existed ever since. Parts of what is now Israel, the West Bank and Golan Heights have been secured by war from Arab States; the fanatics have built settlements in the West Bank, claiming the land as their God given birth right. btw I don't support either side in this ongoing saga, as I believe them both to be steeped in an outdated religious belief system which is thwarting peace and progress in the region.

The Labour Party have been unelectable for a very long time; long before this latest embarrassment. The fact that Corbyn has been a total euro-sceptic for years and then suddenly falls in line with the establishment stating that we need Europe to ensure this, we need Europe to ensure that is just confirming the fact that he doesn't think he will ever be in power to make the decisions and has to rely on the EU to make them for him

It's not put the voters off Labour in Warrington and Cheshire today!

http://www.warrington-worldwide.co.uk/2016/05/06/new-warrington-based-police-and-crime-commissioner/

Yes OK what you say may be factually correct, although saying that the West bank and Golan Heights "have been secured by war" ignores the fact that the war was initiated by the Arab states. Why haven't the Arab states surrounding Israel accorded citizenship to displaced "Palestinians" since 1948? Why are Palestinians the most long lived "refugees" ever? Why is Israel painted as such an evil state when they are surrounded by states who's human rights records would keep the ECHR busy well into the 22nd century? I think we need to recognise who our friends are in this world, and at the moment our so called leaders are picking the wrong side.

http://www.warrington-worldwide.co.uk/2016/05/06/new-warrington-based-police-and-crime-commissioner/

Donkey and red rosette syndrome I'm afraid. The Torys have nothing to offer and there's no one else in the frame. That's the state of the country now and it won't improve. sad.

• Upvote 1

Indeed, but you could slap a red rosette on the arse end of a donkey and it would still get elected in Warrington... with the exception of Tony Higgins I haven't seen hide nor hair of any of them that are supposed to represent me here in Westbrook (Although I come under Chapelford and Old Hall) Cllr Rashid is one apparently although I have never seen him other than having his picture taken while he is doing something for Roccos or the peace centre... I've seen Steve Parish a few times while he was dropping leaflets and we have had a chat... nice bloke, don't agree with his policies, but that's democracy I guess!! and as for Rebecca Knowles, never heard of her so why would I vote for her?

That is the problem with living here, they all seem to do stuff for the Chapelford bit and the Old Hall bit but seem to totally forget about the big bit near ASDA.... as it was I was working away and couldn't vote anyway... but rest assure I have registered for a postal vote for the EU referendum just in case!!

Here you go mate ,  RESIDENTS can raise any issues at a monthly surgery at Westbrook Library.

Clr Faisal Rashid and Clr Will Hughes (Whittle Hall – Lab) will hold the meeting next Friday, June 6, from 6pm to 7pm.

Must be about 100 yards from your house  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Here you go mate ,  RESIDENTS can raise any issues at a monthly surgery at Westbrook Library.

Clr Faisal Rashid and Clr Will Hughes (Whittle Hall – Lab) will hold the meeting next Friday, June 6, from 6pm to 7pm.

Must be about 100 yards from your house  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Except I will be on my way home from Grantham.... an hour a month... nice work if you can get it and the rest of the month posing for photos :)

Ah  I see you think they should come round to your house on a regular basis just on the off chance you are in and you have something to bring up?  Perhaps they could do that with everyone , I mean it only runs into the thousands and would save the really concerned parishioners bothering their arse to phone, email or heaven forbid walk a hundred yards to bring up their vitally important issues.

p.s. you can't be planning to spin out the Grantham job for another month Baz  :wink: