Books Read More Than Once

Chris

Have you ever re-read a really good book? I have'nt done it too often, but have a few times, and there are a few more on my re-read list:

The Godfather, The Day of the Jackal, Centennial, Dune, Holy Blood & Holy Grail (quite topical at the moment and a far better read than the rather dissapointing (in my view) Da Vinci Code).

almost every book in the house is on my re-read list the exceptions being the ones mrs sid reads. tried to get into them but sadly they did not peak my interest.

almost finsihed the agatha christies i have and will probably go back to the science fiction collection after that.

where do i start.... :confused:

wuthering Heights

Lady Chatterley

Brave New world

The Fionaver Tapestry by Guy Gavriel Kay...

All the Anne McCaffery's...

i re read most of my books, but these are the ones i read the most.

[ 12.04.2006, 13:37: Message edited by: TLC ]

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a bit of a speed reader. Can usually do a 500+ novel in under a week, so re-reading is a must to see if i've missed anything. Not unknown to do a book 3 or 4 times before finally putting it down.

Currently anything by Vinc Flynn, Tom Clancy or Michael Crichton is getting the treatment, although fancy having another crack at the Bourne Trilogy despite the films.

If I have read a book I just cannot reread it! Maybe as I get older and my memory fails me I will be able to but right now I want new.

By the way my comment about age and memory was not meant in anyway as a slam on anyone - so before you get angry, please don't!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...

Nowadays I'm really into reading Autobiographies and one that I've recently read for the second time is Piers Morgan's 'Don't You Know Who I Am?' An awful lot of people dislike him but I personally despite the mistakes he has made in the past, really like the guy and I would thoroughly recommend his book, a very entertaining and informative read.