Canal Pics.

algy

Lovely Algy :)

You should get yourself a little boat  :wink:

We had one Dizz, this is a photo of it I took a few weeks back, it now has a different name and is painted different to when we had her. I had it built ready for my retirement in 1993 (took early retirement from ICI), the steelwork was built by John White Boatbuilders of Garston Docks, he used to build pilot boats etc. for the M.D.& Harbour Board. The fit out was done by a seperate company. It's a cracking little boat, ideal length 36'-1" long, broke my heart when we sold her, Mrs algy just didn't take to sailing the canals and so it had to go, never quite got over it!.index.jpg

Ex-ThreeTreasures_zpsea808172.jpg

Where are those scenes from Algy ?  Very tranquil .

Davy, south of Bellhouse Lane, Grappenhall, between the A50 road bridge and Church lane bridge Grappenhall Village, Australia Lane is on the opposite side of the canal from where I took the photos.

Wolfie your what is commonly known on forums as a spoiler, 

Alg, get a grip and please explain how that possibly spoils your original post? :unsure:  :unsure:  

I even commented on the nice pics you posted, now if I had said that they were crap and you could find pics like that all day long on the internet I could understand your comment. If you would prefer me not to join in with any of your threads just say the word. But if we all went down that road the forum might as well close down.

oooOO! now who's ripping his frock!!!, Wolfie I appreciate some of your comments, however by your own admission you have a bizzar sense of humour, it's just that sometimes it is bordering on scarcasm, note I said sometimes and bordering!, I'm also guilty of perhaps not always seeing the funny side of a remark, however it would not do for us all to be the same, so I suppose I should say "keep up the good work" at least as you intimate it keeps the forum alive. :D

Blimey where on earth did all this come from  :shock:

I'm just so very grateful to the foreign sounding bloke that rang our house mid afternoon doing some sort of phone survey.  I'd started a reply after Wolfie's rain pic but by the time I'd come back and pressed 'post' I'd been timed out and lost it.  The phone went again otherwise I would have typed it again. PHEW !!!

Algy your orig pics were lovely like I said... Wolfie's made me giggle and wish for some refreshing rain (it's so bloody sticky and hot even 'cyber rain' made me feel refreshed) ... I was going to ask how he'd done it too but I wont now as it might seem like I'm taking sides EEK.

I hope my mention of you getting a boat didn't upset Algy as it's not like you top go 'overboard' like that ... get it ??... EEK shall I just run ??

Actually sod that... where's my car keys it's faster :lol:  

Dizz, having a 'rant' is a bit like having a storm, once it's over everything is nice and peaceful, I'm no different than anyone else and I'm no angel although perhaps some folks wish I was. Just lately I seem to be running out of patience. Don't worry about running as walking in these temperatures makes me short of breath and couldn't catch a cold!. :mellow:

Bit of a rumble the other morning and about a ten minute shower. the odd spot of rain on Wednesday evening but nothing heavy. Somebody did inform me that it had rained heavily on Wednesday night but a few damp patches on the road was all that was noticeable.

From what a friend was telling me Wednesday morning was horrific in Manchester where he lives with about a foot of running water in some streets and they were the shallow ones. he was saying that at one point on his journey he had to manoeuvre around several cars that had stalled due to flood water two foot deep. He was really surprised when he got to Warrington and the roads were dry.

been plenty of clouds around but they do not seem to be dropping any rain. as I look out my bedroom window at the moment the sky look great. White fluffy clouds with great patches of blue sky. All that is missing is a huge sign saying "The Simpsons"

Bit of a rumble the other morning and about a ten minute shower. the odd spot of rain on Wednesday evening but nothing heavy. Somebody did inform me that it had rained heavily on Wednesday night but a few damp patches on the road was all that was noticeable.

From what a friend was telling me Wednesday morning was horrific in Manchester where he lives with about a foot of running water in some streets and they were the shallow ones. he was saying that at one point on his journey he had to manoeuvre around several cars that had stalled due to flood water two foot deep. He was really surprised when he got to Warrington and the roads were dry.

been plenty of clouds around but they do not seem to be dropping any rain. as I look out my bedroom window at the moment the sky look great. White fluffy clouds with great patches of blue sky. All that is missing is a huge sign saying "The Simpsons"

Iv'e noticed that over recent years we don't seem to suffer extremes of weather around here, probably due to us being situated in the Mersey valley, the weather appears to either split north or south leaving us generally unaffected by the bad weather, that's my theory anyway, for what it's worth.

Yes, Algy, Warrington is situated in the protection of a valley but I had read that there was a lot of flooding due to 12 hours of rain falling in just 2 hours, which is why I  was surprised Warrington still appears to be basking in the heatwave.

A slower pace and shortage of breath is nature's way of telling us to 'slow down you silly old bugger and leave the hareing and tearing  to the younger folk'.

Alg, get a grip and please explain how that possibly spoils your original post? :unsure:  :unsure:  

I even commented on the nice pics you posted, now if I had said that they were crap and you could find pics like that all day long on the internet I could understand your comment. If you would prefer me not to join in with any of your threads just say the word. But if we all went down that road the forum might as well close down.

I have to disagree here, I just did a google search for "Canal Pics" and to be honest there were none anything like Algy's lovely pics.  Hang on, just realised I didn't type in the capital "C" in my search  :oops:  :oops:

#genuinemistakehonest  :lol:  :lol:

PS Cleo... it's now raining here tonight... it was lovely sitting out earlier on my own in the cool rain although my dog was sat looking though the window from inside with a worried look on her face......I think she's forgotten what rain is so it freaked her out a little...or maybe she just realised  I am even more stupid that she ever realised  :lol:  

0611hrs - We still appear to have escaped the worst, unless I slept through it as I never heard thunder or heavy rain and no usal puddle on the patio that we get after heavy rain. :unsure:

It's coming Algy. Someone 'up there' looked down and said, Ah...! Look at them lot down there baking themselves in  the sun. They have forgotten all about the rain... Come on chaps, open all the taps fully and let's make a few pools for them to paddle through!"

It's coming Algy. Someone 'up there' looked down and said, Ah...! Look at them lot down there baking themselves in  the sun. They have forgotten all about the rain... Come on chaps, open all the taps fully and let's make a few pools for them to paddle through!"

Since I posted earlier I had the top off the water butt which was below half full yesterday and it's full to overflowing this morning so it must have chucked it down in the night and I had slept through it. As I'm typing it's pelting down - great!.

clap-animated-animation-clap-smiley-emot