So what are you doing ?

Dizzy

Bank holiday weekend coming up... what you all upto ?

Are you looking forward to it or it it just another weekend (but stretched out a little longer) where you may find yourself just sitting indoors moaning about the rain if the forecasters have got it right or will you make the most of it 'whatever' ?

Just confirming it lovie. :wink:

Might be a good time to take up a new hobby. Fishing for instance. I believe fish enjoy the rain and it makes them more active (that correct Algy, me owld rod and liner?) so you stand a decent chance of catching a few, or, if fishing is too sedate for you, you might try canoeing. Then again you could try raindrop dodging (that's running in between the drops of rain, trying to get from a to b without getting wet). But if you just fancy a lazy weekend, take a radio, a good book/magazine and garden chair (optional) and do some rain bathing in your own back garden.

Whatever you choose to do - Have a happy holiday :lol:

Probably go and do some work on my long term project, we've had that much rain over the past decade due to global warning that I decided to build an 'Ark' in preparation for the 'flood', just needs a few touches and a lick 'a' paint before we launch her, here's the latest picture of her, any suggestions for a name would be most welcome, please keep it clean folks!. Then we would sail down to Bradford on Avon and do a bit of 'fishin', as Cleo suggested (yes it is my photo, took it a couple of weeks ago when we went down to Wiltshire/Somerset).

Other than that 'nowt' planned!.

z0001_NoahsArkfloatingCafebeachedneartheRiverGowy.jpg

P1010008.jpg

Well apart from watching the wolves on Saturday looks to be a quiet weekend for me.

Walls in yard have been painted just a few bits at the bottom to touch up iff the weather stays dry enough.

Was going to go and see one of the relatives on the wirral but would have to find the right detour to avoid creamfields.

If painting finished and weather still dry will put another coat of turtle wax on my bike.

If weather not dry will sit and finish off cleaning up some old pictures i have scanned in.

And then there is always the old stand by of walking the dog not weather dependent so that gets done no matter what.

The thing is such is my job, that when the schools are closed I do not work (don't get paid either) so ffor the last five weeks I have been able to catch up on all the big jobs that needed doing, as a result it is just a normal weekend for me. Well apart from the rugby.

I decided to build an 'Ark' in preparation for the 'flood', just needs a few touches and a lick 'a' paint before we launch her, here's the latest picture of her, any suggestions for a name would be most welcome,

What size wood did you use alg? 'two by two'

As for a name, hows about Joan or Royal or aardv :unsure: :unsure:

Sounds like you have contingency plans in place for whatever the weather Evils.

Re you avoiding Creamfields, I went that way at 8.30 this morning and a stretch of the road is one lane in both directions and there are cones everywhere but the traffic was very light and moving fine. People must be avoiding it. I've got to go that way again about 4pm so I'll report back later..... Oooh and part of it is down to 20mph but everyone was doing 40 through it this morning including me :shock::oops:

Anyway back to topic as maybe I should have put that under the Creamfields topic :oops:

I have no idea what I'm going to do this weekend. I sorted a load of stuff out to get rid of and was going to do a car boot but no point if it's going to rain.

Only thing on the agenda now is dropping my two off for their coach to Wembly at 6.20am tomorrow morning then picking them up again around midnight. Long, quiet, boring day for me tomorrow apart from dog walking.

I'm going for a cruise around the Scottish Islands. Kirkwall on Orkney on Sunday, Lerwick on the Shetlands Monday and finishing off at Stornoway on Lewis on Tuesday. Hoping for normal Scottish Island weather (wet and windy normally so shouldn't be too disappointed :wink: )

I'm going for a cruise around the Scottish Islands. Kirkwall on Orkney on Sunday, Lerwick on the Shetlands Monday and finishing off at Stornoway on Lewis on Tuesday. Hoping for normal Scottish Island weather (wet and windy normally so shouldn't be too disappointed :wink: )

Business or pleasure, asp, if pleasure it's going to be a bit of a 'busman's holiday'. :wink:

Today and Monday look like a bit of a washout but if the weather forecast is right for Sunday, I may just try and get at least one visit for my subs to the National Trust.

I can't believe we've not managed a single such day out this year but talking to a laid off worker from the NT recently, it seems we're not on our own.

Bill :)

Today and Monday look like a bit of a washout but if the weather forecast is right for Sunday, I may just try and get at least one visit for my subs to the National Trust.

I can't believe we've not managed a single such day out this year but talking to a laid off worker from the NT recently, it seems we're not on our own.

We have not renewed our this time Bill as we found that we were starting to retrace our steps and not getting the value out of it that we should have been, plus there are only so many that you can get to on days out from here.

Algy

It’s not too bad for me and Mrs G because my work often takes me around the country and if I don’t need to be working for too long, she’ll tag along with her little book in hand checking out where we can stop off on the way back. Last year we made quite a few visits and certainly got our monies worth several times over. The guy laid off from the National Trust I came across was working at the local Subway. He said visitor numbers had plummeted this year and the NT had had to take some drastic steps. Who’d have thunk the weather could be so bad for so long.

The weather forecast said today would be good but to make the most of it because we’re in for a real downpour on Monday. Well it’s six am Sunday, the sky’s as black as ink, its raining and the cat’s just thrown up on the carpet. :|

Think I’ll go back to bed.

sounds like a line from some mothers do av em Bill.

I dropped lucky and managed to get the dog out fore his first walk whilst there was a lull in the rain.

Managed to get the bike waxed and went into town on it yesterday, Had a close call in bold street when a car almost ran in the side of me. luckily I was doing 20 mph and managed to accelerate out of the way, did not quite pop a wheelie but having to be in first gear to do 20 is a bit of a pain.had I been in second it would not have had the oomph to get out of the way did, stop though and give them a good scowl before carrying on my way.

As I type this the rain is now reaching monsoon proportions and I am smiling thinking of all those hardy souls at the creamfield festival. :mrgreen: