Pubs

bobbrakes

• 3 weeks later...

Not only that but the price pubs charge for soft drinks is a shocker.  You can but a 2ltr bottle of pop for half the price that they charge for a glass and a bottle of squash for the price some charge for a squirt.

At one time wasn't there talk about soft drinks being made cheaper in pubs to encourage people not to drink (alcohol) and drive.  I guess as pubs make most of their money from alcohol sales that would be a no brainer though profit wise. 

We notice that if we ever go out for a pub meal, which isn't very often, the food is very reasonably priced but the final bill is easily more than doubled when it comes due to the drinks.   Maybe I drink too much though  :lol:  :oops:  :lol: 

As an after thought.... I wonder how some of the bars/clubs in Warrington can charge 50p/£1 for all their drinks and still make a profit?  Their rents and overheads being in the town centre must be way higher than smaller pubs.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

When the landlord of that same pub is overridden when he points out it is actually a dead loss as a pub, you have to wonder what planet some people are on.

Planet 'get my name in the papers' perhaps.

They have recently opened a Wetherspoons near us with its designer built in character & so far it seems to be attracting more people out of their houses at weekends & it seems to be doing well on the food front. At least you can have a chat in Wetherspoons without endless karaoke @ 500 decibels.

• Upvote 1