Don't Abandon Trident!

algy

David Cameron has issued a stark warning against any move to abandon Britain's Trident deterrent in the face of the growing nuclear threat from North Korea and Iran, and for once I believe he is talking sensibly!, This idot in charge of North Korea is one of the most unbalanced leaders I have come across in modern times and as Cameron has indicated, could be backed up by those lunatics in Iran, OK there are few things compatable between the two countries apart from extremism and a hatred of the Americans and the West, unfortunately that could be sufficient to start a nuclear conflict and the UK is smack in the middle both geographically and politically.

The strength of nuclear weapons is in their deterrent effect  & God forbid  even a lunatic the Korean Kid should  start firing willy nilly especially when the fall out from these weapons knows no bounds. All right minded people should rejoice if our deterrent capability is retained.

The strength of nuclear weapons is in their deterrent effect  & God forbid  even a lunatic the Korean Kid should  start firing willy nilly especially when the fall out from these weapons knows no bounds. All right minded people should rejoice if our deterrent capability is retained.

You have hit the nail on the head Nick, we are dealing with a lunatic!.

Before I have to start looking at my atlas Alg;  could you point out how exactly the Korean or Iranian hordes are poised to threaten the UK; other than by arriving under trucks?!  Neither has anywhere near the ICBM capability to reach us or the US; and if, as and when they ever do; the Yanks have the capability to evaporate them as soon as they pop their noses out of a silo. Our nuclear "deterant" is what it's always been; an expensive ticket to sit at the table with the big boys, in the pretence that we're still a world super-power.

Obs, NK have a better chance of hitting us than they have of hitting the US, seeing as the US is about 7K and we are about 5K from North Korea, makes us that much easier to hit!. By the way everything at the moment is paper talk no one really knows for certain what capabilities NK have!.