Amazing

Cleopatra

He created something where there never used to be anything, It serves no practical purpose but to be looked at so I suppose it can be loosely described as art. Art is a very broad church.   Is it art that you like? now that is a question.  Not my cup of tea if I'm honest

The OED says:

Definition of art
noun
  • 1 [mass noun] the expression or application of human creative skill and imagination, typically in a visual form such as painting or sculpture, producing works to be appreciated primarily for their beauty or emotional power

I guess the individual must decide.

Very interesting concept, ephemeral art. Quite ingenious really. Each one totally unique and each one invoking a different reaction from each individual that views it and even a different reaction each time the same one is viewed on video dependant on where the camera is placed. Something that not many artist have ever achieved.

How did the guy come up with the concept of creating clouds And the big question is do you know how it is done?

How did the guy come up with the concept of creating clouds And the big question is do you know how it is done?

No idea and I wish someone could find out as I really want to make a cloud :)

Whether it fits into the definition of what some say is art or not well who knows but to me it does as 'its nice to look at, made me feel happy and intrigued, and I'd like to see more of them.  Infact If the chap came to an gallery or place around here to show his clouds I'd actually go as it's more interesting that just paintings hung on a wall.

So much for youtube though as I just tried to make a cloud using a squeezy water bottle, a candle and some 'squeezing'  but it didn't work :(

Yes I'm a bit odd I know :lol:

There you go again, arrogantly assuming your opinion is fact when clearly it is not.  Whether you or I or anyone for that matter "likes" the cloud work is immaterial to the question posed in the OP, is it really art?  It fits the criteria and therefore is art.  I already stated it's not my cup of tea but that doesn't mean I don't think its art. Still I suppose you poo pooing anything you don't like as crap is not really a big issue and certainly nowhere near the top of your list of  offensive, narrow minded opinions on this forum.  In fact I suppose I should expect no less of you given the kind of character you are. 

Blimey..... it was just a lovely fluffy man made cloud ! 

Who cares if it was  'art' or not as there are more important things to worry or think about.

Maybe the chap could make a special cloud especially for this forum and add more black and maybe some thunder and the odd bolt of direct lighting... and perhaps a hurricaine too.

I've always found clouds very relaxing and pleasant to look at as they change so much and can be beautiful but I think I'm starting going off them now  :|  

Now where's my paint brush and tin of emulsion :lol: