Standing room only

Cleopatra

Golly gosh....! Never seen the house of commons so full before. It was standing room only for the same sex marriage vote. The ayes have it by 400 votes to 175.

Crikey were you there Cleo as I would have tuned in and watched if I'd have known :lol:

Of course the debate and vote wouldn't happen to have anything to do with this would it?:

https://wcd.coe.int//ViewDoc.jsp?Ref=CM/Rec%282010%295&Language=lanEnglish&Ver=original&BackColorInternet=C3C3C3&BackColorIntranet=EDB021&BackColorLogged=F5D383

It's strange that MPs are allowed a vote on this but not a vote on our membership of the EUSSR.

The Gay lobby are just out to prove a point: but I'm not quite sure what "the point" is?   Civil Partnerships provide equivalent legal spousal protections already; and there's no compulsion on the main Religions to provide "marriage" ceremonies - so basically, we've gone from civil partnerships to "marriages" in the local register office or by some pseudo-religious cult.  Meanwhile, the Country's wallowing in the economic doldrums - yer just couldn't make it up.

My comment was about MPs being allowed to vote on unimportant (to the vast majority of the electorate) matters and not on important things like the future of the country and its relationship with that bloated bureaucracy in Brussels. Obviously too subtle for you Lt Kije.

Paranoid Lt Kije. I was taking a swipe at the government and parliament not at the EUSSR. Your problem is that even a mention of the EUSSR is enough to get your hackles rising. If I said I thought the EUSSR was the best thing since sliced bread you would think I was being sarcastic.