Sir Rod?

observer

Don't get me going, there are hospitals with doctors and surgeons saving peoples lives who are more deserving of recognition rather than these so called celebrities, the whole honours system is nothing other than a corrupt and ridiculous system, I would scrap the whole Bloody system. :angry: :angry:

It's not just Wiggo though,  loads of the Olympic bods have got them.  They were all recognised for their achievements by the medals they won so why do they need knighthoods and the likes too ? 

It's all nonsense if you ask me and I agree with Algy and everything else that has already been said.

With you there Peter. The awards should go to the people who have served the country in some magnanimous way or other.

There are soldiers in Afghanistan and other countries who put their lives in real danger who are more deserving of the awards than some attention seeking so called celebrities who have won a medal for running and jumping in an arena for the glory of it.

Not at all Peter, but they should not be seen as a right for long service, aren't you suppose to do something out of the ordinary to get one. Lots of people stay in a job for years and will never get on. Long service in the civil service should not in its self be a gateway to a gong.