So Cleo

Bill

Probably the same place as my trademark normal smiley. The default ones are are now all either angry or evil.

Just looking at the new statistic there and it shows nineteen others all looking in. It’d be nice if for only one day some were to pop on to say a quick hello. Anyway a Merry Christmas to all the none posters!

Bill  8)

• Upvote 1

Well when I first came to Egypt it was in the winter season. The weather was, I would say, much the same as summer in the UK  used to be. I couldn't quite understand why people here were wearing jackets hats and scarves and were shivering sometimes. I was wearing summer clothes and people were telling me i should wrap up well because it was cold. To me it felt really warm but they couldn't understand that. However, having become acclimatized, I myself now understand better why everyone wraps up. It feels bloody cold now in these days of winter. :lol:

I had much the same experience when I went I first lived in the States. The locals used to call us the mad Britts because we were the only ones using the pool before the mid summer heat. Coming back to the UK in winter was so cold and damp I wanted to get back on the plane.

I also remember when I was over your way, the temperature in April down in Luxor was getting up in the high thirties but it wasn't too bad as long as we kept in the shade and drank lots of Egyptian Stella in the hotels.Your desert's get bloody cold quickly at night though. :lol:

Bill :)

A few years back one of my daughter’s mates who’d emigrated to Australia over ten years ago, paid us a visit in mid summer. She sat on the settee with her arms folded and we didn’t think anything of it and it wasn’t until her teeth literally stated chattering that we realised she was freezing.

Nice piccie btw good to see you at last.

When I returned to the Uk a couple of times in winter, the cold air seemed to grip my entire body and chill me to the bone. Fortunately I had put a jacket on top of my packed suitcase so it was fairly easy to just unlock the case and take it out  and put it on over the cardigan which I had carried in my hand luggage till reaching the UK. It helped a little.

Probably the same place as my trademark normal smiley. The default ones are are now all either angry or evil.

Bill  8)

Sounds about right for some topics on here Bill ha ha.  Wasn't yours a green smile a bit like this or were the teeth not as big   :mrgreen:  

PS... yes you boring day was starting to show :lol:   You could have helped me with food and more pressy shopping today followed by fitting really annoying draught excluders to our doors.... infact everything else I'm doing as my two 'men' in the house seem to be completely oblivious that it's almost xmas and things need doing.   What a pair of muppets they are sometimes :lol:  8)  

Fortunately I don’t get too many days where I just sit at home with nothing to do but was expecting to have some work related issues but they didn’t happen thank goodness. 

My normal smiley that everyone gets from me unless they say the wrong thing is the standard original (colon right bracket) but that’s only on the extended now plus my defaults are full of duplicates. Just as easy though to type it.

A few years back one of my daughter’s mates who’d emigrated to Australia over ten years ago, paid us a visit in mid summer. She sat on the settee with her arms folded and we didn’t think anything of it and it wasn’t until her teeth literally stated chattering that we realised she was freezing.

Nice piccie btw good to see you at last.

I looked like Madeline McCann for ages :)

Aww to have a little bit of snow here right now Jean would be lovely.  

I don't fancy the temperatures you mention though but snow has always made xmas seem a little bit more special to me and it was something I always longed for as a kid and I guess I still do.

Problem is that we can't seem to cope with even a sprinking over here these days without everything grinding to a halt.

Got some great pics of my mother in law when she used to go over to Canada many years to stay with relatives for onths on end.  I have never seen so much snow in my life and I seem to remember her saying that the sides of the roads were like huge snow walls too but people coped.

A very merry xmas and a wonderful new year too to Jean .   Enyou and have fun :D  

PS Please upload some snowy photos if you can if only to make me feel a little jealous.