Job hunting?

observer

They probably would, I know they used to supply vouchers for jobseekers to buy a suit,shirt, tie and shoes for job interviews.You would have to keep your bus tickets though and produce them at the jobcentre for proof.

I think it comes under the heading of "reasonable expenses"

Think they would pay for bus fairs not sure about train fares though. I do know that if you had to attend the jobcentre on any day other than your normal signing on day they would reimburse your expenses as regards bus fares but not for car parking fees.

You bike it, wearing your best suit to sweat in - or if facilities exist, have a shower at the work place and then put your suit on - I don't think. As for "affording" the travel to work, IF they got the job - fair point; many workers nowadays are paying two or more months of their salary in transport and/or child care costs. :shock:

No.... I had a car too but I chose to cycle there.... plus my dad was a chauffeur so I always had a lift when I needed it!

There are more facilities than ever for cyclists Obs.... just that a lot of cyclists choose not to use them

Has anyone else noticed a sudden increase of cyclist of ALL ages, sizes and abilities on the roads since the Olympics started :shock:

It's becoming very scarey indeed and many of them should really stick to pavements, for now at least, until they get the hang of it and maybe not wearing earpieces to listen to their music as they cycle oblivious to the dangers would be a good idea too.

The latter also applies to the new found joggers too.... SCAREY !!!

Hey up Dizzy, lovie...! Increased number of bike riders... many of who should stick to pavements? Last time I was in the UK the situation of riders using pavements was bad enough. Just where are the pedestrians going to walk if drivers are on the roads and an increased number of bike riders on the pavements? :unsure:

• Upvote 1