Why bother?

safeway60

First bad judgement call by Mr Smith in tonights game. We aren't Manchester Utd with millions of pounds worth of talent on call if we give senior players a break..I was going to go tonight but was put off by the nightmare tales of traffic trying to get away from Salford's stadium. Good judgement call by yours truly...Why bother travelling to away games when it isn't known which team coach will turn up on the car park ? This rotation of players just won't work even against lowly Salford..It's an insult to them and no motivation from Phil Veivers is necessary...We are saying to them...Look we know you'll try hard but we are the mighty Wire and we'll beat you whatever team we deem fit to put out...It also puts off Wire fans from attending. I'm a believer in playing your strongest team in every fixture, if not why don't we all stay at home and just turn up for the last three weeks of the season ? I'm becoming disillusioned with the game anyway and tonight might just have made up my mind not to renew my season ticket next season. Straws and camels backs and all that.

i have never seen wire play as bad as to-night--what was the reason for all these changes

i counted about 9 first teamers missing.

it was bad judgement by smith this time --the standins were not good enough.

You didn't see the league game at Catalans or ther second half at Hull KR then.

Warrington far too inconsistent - but so were Leeds last year and they won the main prize!

Winning doesn't mean anything now in the league games as long as you can rotate your squad to finish in the play offs and bid for the Grand Final - that is all that matters!

I beg to differ Mr Skents...Loyal supporters turn up week after week and are being treated with a cavalier attitude...*We couldn't be bothered about this game 120 miles away at Hull, win lor lose we just don't care* Just how long will supporters put up with this attitude ? Not only will supporters stop travelling away to matches but I can see very shortly lifelong supporters such as myself will stop attending home games as well. Times are difficult for most people financially and spending a huge chunk of income travelling away to *unimportant* games isn't an option even at the best of times. Why spend a big wedge of cash on a season ticket for a season which is only reasonable value for a 3 week period at the back end of the season ? It isn't only myself who is disgruntled, you only have to visit the other forum to see just how angry people are. Those lads there are Wire fanatics and even they are hopping mad. It seems the only important day in the RL calendar is the night at Old Trafford. Spraying champagne around and pogo dancing for a few minutes celebrating victory isn't my idea of Rugby League. The game has been going to the dogs ever since the game was pimped to Sky TV. It's had it with me.

. Why spend a big wedge of cash on a season ticket for a season which is only reasonable value for a 3 week period at the back end of the season ?

Well to add insult to injury don't season ticket holders have to pay to get in to play off games angry.gif

The team were good enough to give Salford a more than decent game (on paper!) but they lacked cohesion, leadership, discipline, enthusiasm and they did not respect the ball or their opponents.Salford played some great rugby, BUT a team aiming for Wembley and the Grand Final should never get 48 points put past them, ever.

I was forgetting that Latch...we have to pay to see play-off games which means the season ticket is even poorer value for money.

I can understand to a certain extent the poor play of the players last night...Why bust a gut when a lot of your team mates are sat in the stand having a nice little rest ? They still get paid and don't have to break sweat.

I was forgetting that Latch...we have to pay to see play-off games which means the season ticket is even poorer value for money.

I can understand to a certain extent the poor play of the players last night...Why bust a gut when a lot of your team mates are sat in the stand having a nice little rest ? They still get paid and don't have to break sweat.

Whatever happened to winning/losing pay ?

Another victim of modern thinking.

Or did "New Labour"deem that the players recieving losing pay would feel inferior and rejected and maybe scared mentally by the trauma of such a payment method icon_mrgreen.gif

I beg to differ Mr Skents...Loyal supporters turn up week after week and are being treated with a cavalier attitude...*We couldn't be bothered about this game 120 miles away at Hull, win lor lose we just don't care* Just how long will supporters put up with this attitude ? Not only will supporters stop travelling away to matches but I can see very shortly lifelong supporters such as myself will stop attending home games as well. Times are difficult for most people financially and spending a huge chunk of income travelling away to *unimportant* games isn't an option even at the best of times. Why spend a big wedge of cash on a season ticket for a season which is only reasonable value for a 3 week period at the back end of the season ? It isn't only myself who is disgruntled, you only have to visit the other forum to see just how angry people are. Those lads there are Wire fanatics and even they are hopping mad. It seems the only important day in the RL calendar is the night at Old Trafford. Spraying champagne around and pogo dancing for a few minutes celebrating victory isn't my idea of Rugby League. The game has been going to the dogs ever since the game was pimped to Sky TV. It's had it with me.

I think yoiu missed muy huge chunk of sarcasim!:oops:

No Gary, I didnt miss the sarcasm in your post, far from it, but I also realise you interview Mr Smith on a regular basis and if you put these points to him you'll soon have your credentials withdrawn from this facility. Being diplomatic is part of your remit in this capacity but it must get to you at times to have to walk on eggshells.I wish some influential TV producers would read this forum sometimes...I quite fancy a gig on Grumpy Old Men...I'm old enough and I can grump to Olympian standard, but I still think that in these modern times RL supporters are getting the mucky end of the stick. A three week season is a stupid idea and as my grandad would say...*They're gunna get t' game done away with*. I don't blame Tony Smith for one minute, he's obviously a coach of the highest calibre, he's just exploiting the situation to the best advantage for the club but it's a very short sighted policy which the men running the game at the highest level should address before we all go the way of Bradford.

After a period of reflection I think I may have stumbled on a more honest approach to fixtures which will give supporters an opportuntiy to voice their opinion on attitudes to matches. The solution is this: When fixtures are announced pre-season divide them into categories....Matches which are deemed to be important and the strongest team is to be selected make them Category *A*....Matches which aren't considered to be important and the team selected will be a mix of senior players and under 20's, Category *B*. That way supporters can decide which matches to attend. It won't happen of course, it's just too honest.

Just an idea but what about, each team plays all other teams home and away. The team who wins the most matches ends up league leaders and Champions.

The team who loses the most matches ends up bottom of the league and is relegated.

Or is that too complicated? :roll:

Just an idea but what about, each team plays all other teams home and away. The team who wins the most matches ends up league leaders and Champions.

The team who loses the most matches ends up bottom of the league and is relegated.

Or is that too complicated? :roll:

Not to complicated that sky and Red Hall don't realise it will deprive them of cheap programming schedules with messy convoluted games topped in stupidity by ermmm... Coaches Call or whatever it's ridiculous name is icon_mad.gif

I spotted this in Patrick Collins' column in the Mail on Sunday:-

" The wisest words of the sporting week were spoken by a panel of three QCs. The Welsh do not have first call on their own groung, unlike the relegated Newcastle. They were considering an appeal by London Welsh rugby club against a decision to exclude them from the Premiership, despite having won promotion.

To their shame, Newcastle successfully protested but the lawyers overturned it and declared : 'Issues of promotion and relegation should be determined by performance on the pitch.' It is a simple truth.

Let us hope that other sports take note."

First bad judgement call by Mr Smith in tonights game. We aren't Manchester Utd with millions of pounds worth of talent on call if we give senior players a break..I was going to go tonight but was put off by the nightmare tales of traffic trying to get away from Salford's stadium. Good judgement call by yours truly...Why bother travelling to away games when it isn't known which team coach will turn up on the car park ? This rotation of players just won't work even against lowly Salford..It's an insult to them and no motivation from Phil Veivers is necessary...We are saying to them...Look we know you'll try hard but we are the mighty Wire and we'll beat you whatever team we deem fit to put out...It also puts off Wire fans from attending. I'm a believer in playing your strongest team in every fixture, if not why don't we all stay at home and just turn up for the last three weeks of the season ? I'm becoming disillusioned with the game anyway and tonight might just have made up my mind not to renew my season ticket next season. Straws and camels backs and all that.

I realised this myself last year.

I was a season ticket holder for 21 years but I like you became disillusioned. The season tickets are not cheap and like already said you then have to pay extra for cup and play off games.

My work commitments meant I could not go week in week out but I maintained my season ticket at a loss to myself purely for the love of the club and the game. But after the prices started to rise and the club sold my seat before renewal, twice, I decided it was time to no longer be a season ticket holder.

The games I can go to during the season (when not working) I pay cash and still don't spend what a season ticket costs. I really do question the value for money on a season ticket.

I also found a poor attitude from some at the club when dealing with my seat that was sold behind my back probably to someone in a suit offering corporate money.

I sensed it at the beginning when we moved to the new stadium that the club would put the fans 2nd and the corporate suits 1st.

I was at Salford last week and I can clearly say I would have not gone in hindsight. It is not that I mind getting beat but to pay £20 for a ticket to watch effectively the "A" team is taking the pi**. But hey ho. We live and learn. I still love the game and I will always support Warrington but now I reluctantly give the club money as I feel they treat the fans like crap. Last Friday was just another example.

• 2 weeks later...

Whilst I can appreciate all the comments made on here, at the end of the year the only thing that will be remembered will be what trophies were won, and at the moment we're 2nd in the league and at Wembley - I bet EVERY other team in Superleague would swap us for that at the moment - so remember guys, just trust Mr Smith...... :rolleyes: