Mystery Event Last Night ???

Bill

Does anyone know what event was going on last night (possibly at Orford Park)? There was lots of loud but quite pleasant music for a couple of hours, finished of at 11pm by a huge firework display. I’ve not seen anything being publicized?

Bill :)

I was at work, so I missed it, but have had mixed reports. Most said that it was a superb event and really showed the new Jubilee site off to advantage. Other have said that WBC will be getting snowed under with complaints about the noise come Monday. My own view is that, as this was a "one-off" to publicise the new facilities (which are very impressive, by the way) then it was insufficiently advertised. I live in the area and only knew about it as an ex=pupil was organising part of the event and had mentioned it on Facebook. Even so, the signs on Long Lane surprised me on my way home Saturday morning until I remembered his postings.

For anyone in the area, I recommend at least one visit, just to see what has been achieved with an excellent sports area including swimming pools, medical facilities and a very modern library among the attractions.

I suppose the sound depends a lot on which way the winds blowing and it must have been blowing my way for it to be so loud in Woolston. I may have gone to watch the show as it’s the area I was brought up in and I will be using the facilities when its all fully up and running but I didn’t know anything about it. I read the news pages both here and on the Guardian site and I don’t remember seeing anything about it and everyone I spoke to said the same ????

Here is the article we ran on June 12th which was on the front page and included pictures -

http://www.warrington-worldwide.co.uk/articles/13356/1/All-set-for-fantastic-festival/Page1.html

as the main news pages get significantly more traffic now than the forum pages, we don't have time to flag up every local event on here unfortunately - but there is a free to use events section which nobody seems to bother with!

Over to you Dizzy!:wink:

I read the news page virtually every day and didn't see it and in fact I've just backed through the archive pages and still can't see anything??? Am I looking in the wrong place or is there a secret news page I don't know about? :roll:

as the main news pages get significantly more traffic now than the forum pages, we don't have time to flag up every local event on here unfortunately - but there is a free to use events section which nobody seems to bother with!

Over to you Dizzy!:wink:

Over to me :shock: Are you saying it's all my fault and I should have put it on the events section cos nobody else did :unsure::lol:

I could have if I'd know about it I suppose. I may have just missed it though or not read thinking it was just like a little fun day at an Orford school or something :oops:

You are right though and the events calendar is slacking so I will try harder from now :D

But..... you did say over to me Gary so sorry about this as I wasn't going to say anything earlier.

But after you first said it had been publicised on here and I felt embarrased at not seeing it so I looked through the past news pages 3 times and I still couldn't see it. :unsure:

So I googled 'orford park festical warrington worldwide' and it found the same news article you just posted a link to dated as 'Published 12/06/12 7:00 am'.

I went back to the full news list and looked on that day and still couldn't find it.... so I had a lie down in a dark room as I thought I was having another Dizzy daft moment (although not one with decimal places for a change)

No big deal although a bit odd though don't you think :lol::D:wink:

Gary et al.... I have added loads of upcoming events to the forum calendar.

If anyone knows of any others, maybe around where you live or elsewhere, please can you add them yourself or let me know.

I must admit there are some really good sounding events coming up and if I hadn't been embarrassed into it by Gary I wouldn't have bothered looking. :oops:

So keep an eye on the bottom of your screen when you are on the main home page of the forum..... as they will flag up as they get nearer the time to remind us all.... or just look on the forum calendar :D

I haven't added them to the local events section though as I put so many on they would have wiped out the latest forum topic index on the news page.

PS... I hope WBC don't mind as I personally took a lot of the events and wording from their website (but I did post a link back). If any council bods feel there is a copyright issue with me doing that then please contact me via the forum by a personal message. I'm sure you wont mind though as the more the merrier and better to spread the word about these great local events eh. Thanks :D

Perhaps if people were in touch with their community they would know what was going on. :wink:

How big is a community Peter and I recon you will get a reply from Gary cos of that remark :lol::P

Are you in touch with your local one though ... if so please add yours/their events to the calendar too :D

I read the news page virtually every day and didn't see it and in fact I've just backed through the archive pages and still can't see anything??? Am I looking in the wrong place or is there a secret news page I don't know about? :roll:

The event has expired now and so has been automatically archived - we put finish dates on events so they are automatically removed from the whats on section of the main site to keep it fresh.

So they also get removed from the main news page - not much point promoting once they have gone - but they are still archived as news events and can be found when people search for details e.t.c

A quick reminder that the "Busking For Cancer" event is a week on Saturday - posted as "opposite Golden Square", which I call at the skittles.

I believe that there is something else on in town that day, so there may already be a few around.

Dizzy will be there, taking pictures for publication in WWW. Gary et al? I didn't know Gary was arabic. :blink::lol:

A quick reminder that the "Busking For Cancer" event is a week on Saturday - posted as "opposite Golden Square", which I call at the skittles.

Where did you post it as it's not showing on the calendar.

What time are you all there ?

Usually starts at about 10.30. As I'm on shift the night before and the Saturday night, I will only be there for a couple of hours when I've had a bit of a kip!

I have only previously posted it on this forum and agreed to put reminders on nearer the day.

I think the other event is a transport show of some kind.

Thanks, I'll add it to the forum calendar for Saturday 30th from 10.30am (you can add things yourself though) :wink:

The other event on that day is Warrington Market's Gift Fair. The Tranport show is on Sat 7th July.

No probs and I don't think many people realise they can add things either :wink:

Wear a yellow flower in your button hole on the day and if you are playing when I come past I'll say hello and you can let me have a go on your guitar... actually maybe that's not a good idea as my son says I'm 'carp' now (Intentional misspelling by the way incase Cleo is reading)

Have fun and I hope you all raise a lot of money on the day :D

smiley-music021.gif

• Upvote 1