Just another Friday tea-time in quiet Stockton Heath

Dizzy

.... apparently the Nat West Bank in Stockton Heath was raided at tea time (5 ish).

I didn't see it myself but a lot of people did as Stockton Heath was very busy as it always is on a sunny Friday evening especially at the start of a long bank holiday weekend.

Apparetly some bloke ran out with what was described as a sledge hammer :shock:

and there was a dark coloured get-a-way car parked up near the bank on the pavement opposite the Red Lion/Mullbery Tee pub which was trying to 'get away' but kept stalling and bystanders were hitting it (not sure I would have been brave enough to do that) before it finally sped off ...

One has to ask how stupid these raiders are though as the village was busy, people were sat outside the pubs as it is sunny, not to mention that the bank is directly opposite and in view of the police station.... and there are cctv camera's in the village centre too as well as those on the front of the bank.

Here's hoping they are quicky caught.

What I can't understand is how they managed to make a getaway at all at that time of night. Traffic is usually at a standstill in stockton heath at best of times but on a bank holiday friday it is usually quicker to use a mobility scooter. :rolleyes:

Just had an image of a masked man (wearing stripy vest naturally) whizzing down the street on a mobility scooter followed by a copper on another one (complete with flashing blue light obviously) :D

:lol::lol:

As for the traffic Evils, from what I've heard after their car stopped stalling and being hit by members of the public they flew off down West Avenue (one of the long straight side streets near the bank) :unsure:

:lol::lol:

As for the traffic Evils, from what I've heard after their car stopped stalling and being hit by members of the public they flew off down West Avenue (one of the long straight side streets near the bank) :unsure:

What make is your car??? :blink::shock:

Hey up, Kemik. There could be a lead here. :o

Eh ....what's my car got to do with it and Kemik hasn't even posted on here anyway.

If I get a knock on my door now by the police after your comment Peter I know who to blame :shock::unsure::lol:

Mines a Honda and it's not black either :P

Eh ....what's my car got to do with it and Kemik hasn't even posted on here anyway.

If I get a knock on my door now by the police after your comment Peter I know who to blame :shock::unsure::lol:

Mines a Honda and it's not black either :P

:D :grin: :D :grin:

Apparently one person drinking outside the Red Lion actually recorded the event on his mobile but rather than offering this as evidence, this sad individual chose instead to openly criticise the police on the Guardian’s comments section. “Not one came over to get a statement, too embarrassed at the response time I suppose.”

His low opinion of the police shouldn’t be used as any kind of justification for withholding what could be vital police evidence and his lack of any sense of public duty should be condemned by all. :angry:

Bill :)