Wigan v Wolves

theinsider

Sooner or later we will regain last seasons "zip" but if this is on Friday who knows ? One saying though that is very true "You don't become a bad team overnight" and I am certain we will be back up to form soon.

Picking up a lot more injuries - and suspensions!

Also dropping a lot more ball trying to keep it alive no matter who the opposition!

I'm a big fan in the manner Wire play the game...Leeds showed last season it doesn't really matter how you finish in the league just as long as you win a handful of games at the end of the season so why not play the game in an entertaining manner and lose a few games ? The last team still playing the wrestling game is Huddersfield. I don't know if you watched their game last weekend vs Castleford but it was as dull as ditchwater. I watched the game until half time and then switched off, it was very boring. If Wire ever started playing in such a manner I'd have no problem turning my back on the game.Wrestling slogathons hold no enjoyment for me.

I may be deluded ,but it seems to me that The Wire are becoming very skilled at mind games. As i recall we were very poor last year early on then went to Wigan & won convincingly but ugly in the end.How "poor" had we become just before the 2010 CC Final ,then trounced Leeds.I remember a pre match interview & a wry smile from Tony Smith as he acknowledged that on form Leeds were obvious favourites.

Superb victory - and saints aren't in the same league as Warrington and Wigan at the moment - these are the two tops sides - just like in the 1980s - the only difference is it was Wigan who always used to win then!

Agreed. But I think you'll find that the 2 top sides of the 80's were Wigan and Widnes.

Sometimes RL shoots itself in the foot...When the sin bin was introduced it was for the purpose of punishing players for repeated technical offences not for incidents of foul play. Similarly putting on report was supposed to be for incidents which the referee missed put suspected there was some wrongdoing..How come the Wigan player Luaki was put on report twice for foul play which the referee clearly saw. One was when the player elbowed Grix right in the mush and 7 minutes later attempted to drive Blythe head first into the turf. It's not as if referees don't know all about this player because he has plenty of previous, how he remained on the pitch is a mystery when he could have well been sent off for either of these fouls.

On a more positive note it's good to see the Wire at the top of the tree and have already got some of the harder fixtures behind us despite not yet firing on all cylinders...My man of the match by a mile on Friday was Ben Westwood...The man never stops, when he's not taking the ball in really hard he's beating up the opposition when they have possession...If he's not the best back row forward in the world then I don't know who is. It's true he sometimes gives away daft penalties but he's got far more positives than negatives about his play.