Why have the Iranians kicked off?

observer

Seems the Americans are more upset than anybody as it cost six million and was packed full of the latest stealth and detection technology. They seem a tad worried about the secrets being reverse engineered so that current stealth bombers and such can be more easily detected. In an attempt to allay such fears they do say that due to the delicacy of the detection instruments and the fact that it probably hit the ground hard enough to make a big splash the secrets will not be divulged so easily. They also stated that the instrumentation was PROBABLY fitted with self destruct devices.

As or the storming off the British embassy that is a bit more serious as they managed to get away with top secret plans of a large scale invasion, admittedly it was a plan to invade France during the second world war but they apparently do not yet know that. Well unless they are monitoring this forum in which case they do and I can look forward to a visit from the ministry. :shock::unsure:

• 1 month later...

:shock::shock:

No idea what you are on about but as I trust Asps comments especially when it comes to all things 'sea' and his comment just freaked me a little :shock:

Considering that one of our frigate batttle ship set sail for a very long 7 month outing in the midddle east today to police pirate waters and other things it's a bit worying as what else have we got left (it is one of the warships that was deployed to patrol and diffuse the Lybia situation last year, I think the other one got scrapped on it's return).

Have the Iranians timed it purposely although a quick detour could always be arranged as it was last time I suppose (are they quite a distance from the pirate waters by the way if our ship gets there then has to reroute.... I was never any good at Geography soz :oops: )

The Straits of Hormuz is the waterway into the Arabian Gulf through which a lot of the world's crude oil from Iraq, Iran, Kuwait and the UAE etc pass. The Iranians have been rattling their swords and threatening to close the straits despite being hugely outnumbered by the US fleet based in Bahrein. The Iranian government has backing from Russia and China so this is a very worrying situation. The pirate problem has nothing to do with any of this. The UK is no longer a player in this, and you can take anything "Call Me Dave" says with a pinch of salt. This is a serious situation but our media are more concerned with the Big Brother rubbish etc because it doesn't cost anything. I'm sorry to sound downbeat but unfortunately WE ARE DOOMED :( :-( :(

If Iran wants to show aggression then we must show it back. If you close the straights you effectively block in UK/US ships in Bahrain and they will not take that lying down.

Russia and China say they show support but they don't want to fight any more than we do.

If Iran blocked the port they will be moved out of the way. Then it will be Iran/Russia/Chinas move.

Asp I know the pirates have nothing to do with it I was just saying that one of OUR main defence/attack ships has gone that way for for 7 months :unsure:

Dizzy,

There is always a Frigate and or Destroyer in that area of world. Long before this latest incident. 6/7/8/9 month deployments are the norm.

Also there are UK minesweepers permanently in Bahrain. A good move as Iran would probably Mine the straight to block it off.

I get your point Dizzy. The Strait of Hormuz is the gateway from the Persian Gulf into the Indian Ocean and the Gulf of Aden, and this is the area where the pirates are. There is an international force of warships deployed in this area to protect commercial shipping.

I'm not sure I get my point anymore though Asp :lol:

... and thanks Wireboy as apart from past troubles in Iraq and the likes when we have gone on all guns blazing I didn't realise that such long deployments were the norm at all other times too.