Wigan Cup clash too close too call

Gary

I'll have to replay the interview and check it again - another one of my senior moments perhaps :oops:

He certainly did say Harrison should be fit but will be having a final check on Thursday.

He also said Kingy is OK and the health of the squad is pretty good.

Can't believe I forgot to ask about Morley - although I did that one last week! :blink:

But Morley has been all over the media saying he has not got a serious career threatening injury but is unlikely to figure at the weekend.

But Morley has been all over the media saying he has not got a serious career threatening injury but is unlikely to figure at the weekend.

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/sport/rugby_league/s/1438413_neil-barker-tackles-the-big-issues-with-wigan-superstar-sam-tomkins-england-skipper-adrian-morley-and-aussie-luke-patten-of-salford

Straight from the horses mouth

Certainly surprised me.

Beaten by the better side on the day - well done Wigan!!

However, it won't have any bearing on how the rest of the season pans out and now we can "freshen up" by having 2 weekends off before the business end of the season and I'm confident that we can still win at Old Trafford.

Defeat was inevitable once it became known that Briers Morley and Harrison weren't playing. When we lose players of this quality we only have average journeymen type players to replace them. Unless we get these players back quickly our season will just peter out..I fear both Skints and the Pies, and perhaps others, will beat us quite easily at the present time. Both of these clubs had their injury woes at the start of the season but now we're at the business end of the season both are firing on all cylinders. Our season could be over.I'll eat yet another pair of my boots if we reach the Grand Final but I won't be bothered, it's a poor consolation prize compared to the Challenge Cup.