Warrington Walking Day

Gary

I was just chatting to a lady who told me the school that her kids attend, normally closed for Walking day but this year they said due to the high number of bank holidays and the Royal Wedding they decided against it.

I might try that one on my staff’s holiday entitlement! Think I’d get away with it? :D

Bill :)

I was just chatting to a lady who told me the school that her kids attend, normally closed for Walking day but this year they said due to the high number of bank holidays and the Royal Wedding they decided against it.

I might try that one on my staff’s holiday entitlement! Think I’d get away with it? :D

Bill :)

Has walking day ever been an official or mandatory holiday?

Have you always/ever given your staff this day off then Bill?

Perhaps the teachers strike was moved to Thursday so as not to coincide with Warrington Walking Day :wink::wink::wink:

Can't say that it has ever been an official holiday but when I was a kiddy (many many moons ago) all the firms and shops in Warrington would have the day off for walking day. Only the pubs and clubs were open and after about half twelve Warrington town centre resembled a ghost town with the odd sad looking balloon rolling down the street like a tumble-weed in an old western.

I was born on Walking Day, so an extra reason to take the day off.

When I was 5 it fell on the day and a photographer shouted "Is it anyone's birthday?" now there's an embarrassing photo my mum likes to show.

I don't walk now as we don't go church these days.