Dis - United Kingdom

I feel we are in for a lot of unsavoury horse-trading on this issue of Scottish independence. For myself, I feel Dave might just allow himself to be blackmailed into concessions, to which this jaundiced writer feels is already a loss leader.

Happy days

"moral indignation - jealousy with a halo"

Should Scotland vote for - and ultimately win - independence they will find it was all an illusion. All that lovely oil revenue will disappear into the hungry coffers of Brussels and meanwhile the taxpayers will see themselves paying more and more for less and less. Until we get ourselves out of the EU mess any thoughts of self governance for any of the parts of the UK are just pipe dreams. :roll::roll::roll:

If the majority of Scots want independence then they should have it.

Same with Wales - then maybe we could be a part of Wales and governed by the Welsh Assembly which appears to be more people/community friendly. :lol:

Less than a third of Jocks support independence. :?

Probably, they will have to kiss bye bye to all this wonderful stuff such as free care for the elderly, free prescriptions, and free university (funded by the English, which get none of these).

If the Scots want it then let them have it, the people have spoke! At least it will end the West lothian Question and the Barnet formula.

The original idea was for the UK to have "devolved" Government - but Prezzer bottled it. This would have allowed the 7million folk in the N/West to have free prescription, free Uni places etc; like the 5million Scots, the 1million Welsh and the 1million Irish. :roll:

The origin of regional assemblies (9 in England, 3 in Scotland, Wales, and N. Ireland) came from the real government in the EU. Northwest, Northeast, etc are Euro regions, Ofcourse Britain has been regionalised for many years with counties, I asked an EU employee in strasbourg why regionlise our country when there are counties, he diddnt give a satisfactory answer :( but thats for another topic.

I personally believe in a devolved system, I think there should be "english only days" in westminster (no multi millions needed to build an english parl) simply to discuss english only issues, the other "kingdoms" have it, so why not England?

the power given should be more than council level, but less than national level, if scotland wants to govern themselves then ofcourse it should be decided in a free and fair referendum, But Alex Salmond and the SNP want at the same time to be subservient to the EU, and to adopt the failed Euro, is that really independence?

If Scotland is such a nice and good place; why are there so many Scots on this side of the border and why aren't they all up there contributing to their own economy?

Or are the Oil and Skiing industries not that lucrative after all?? :lol: