Near miss!

observer

Nah just use some of those nuke the yanks and russians have up there to sort it out. :wink:

Depends on how close it is going to get, Miles, hundreds of miles, millions of miles, five foot eleven and three quarter inches.?

Also how big is it. larger than bus, smaller than welsh mountain.?

Oooh blummin' heck I thought the word was supposed to be ending in Dec 2012 not this year.... well according to Nostradamus anyway. Maybe he got the year slightly wrong :shock:

Actually if it IS going to end I have a lot of things I need to do plus is there any point in us paying our corporation tax bill... or other bills.. and should we just run up huge debts on our credit cards and enjoy our final 6 or 18 months :D:?:cry:

Do you think bin ladens supporters will strike everywhere with their revenge attack before it's too late or will they too think sod it everyones going to die anyway so lets just party :oops:

Joking aside my son heard about the asteroid on the tv and with that and nostradamus's prediction and threats by bin lids lot he's really freaked out by it all and is convinced we are all going to die very soon and to make it worse he's not managed to get an apprenticeship/job or learned to drive yet :shock::?:lol:

Joking aside my son heard about the asteroid on the tv and with that and nostradamus's prediction and threats by bin lids lot he's really freaked out by it all and is convinced we are all going to die very soon and to make it worse he's not managed to get an apprenticeship/job or learned to drive yet :shock::?:lol:

Just tell him that if the world does end soon he'll have had a whole lifetime of not having to work and being chaufeurred around everywhere.

Not many are that privileged!

Depends on how close it is going to get, Miles, hundreds of miles, millions of miles, five foot eleven and three quarter inches.?

Also how big is it. larger than bus, smaller than welsh mountain.?

Seems the Devil is in the details Sid

Just tell him that if the world does end soon he'll have had a whole lifetime of not having to work and being chaufeurred around everywhere.

Not many are that privileged!

:cry::lol::lol:

Do you think I should be worried about what he may think he 'needs' to do or try out before it all ends :shock:

Oooh blummin' heck I thought the word was supposed to be ending in Dec 2012 not this year.... well according to Nostradamus anyway. Maybe he got the year slightly wrong :shock:

He got everything wrong, in my short 22 years on this planet ive survived several "Nostradamus scares". I even remember watching a Nostradamus night special on channel 4 when the world was going to end in 1998 :lol::lol:

If a collision is immiment, as soon as its discovered it would be kept top secret, simply for this reason,

I have a lot of things I need to do plus is there any point in us paying our corporation tax bill... or other bills.. and should we just run up huge debts on our credit cards and enjoy our final 6 or 18 months

If the government did manage to send Bruce Willis up there, and alter its course (no nukes, the resultant pieces will be radioactive, and kill us that way) then there will be simply no economy left, and many would die from riots and violence if they announced it a year before.

Right now they could be sending a mission to an astroid thats due to strike next week :wink:

Wow Observer - you really are on a gloom and doom kick today - this and the volcano thing.

There is nothing we can do about it if it happens unless you have a very deep bunker and many years provisions! Even then who knows! :shock::shock:

Seems the use of missiles to "blow up" an asteroid (as seen in the movies) is a no no. Scientists estimate it would require a 1,000kt warhead to provide the required energy (current warheads average 20kt), which (in the case of an accident) could pose a bigger problem. So the latest theory, is to develope a giant magnifying glass, which would concentrate energy on one spot on the asteroid, causing it to veer off course - it would take about 10 years to build though! :wink: