Sirens for the past hour ??

Dizzy

For one moment I thought the sirens might have been for my deleted post!

And BTW Peter, when I said a similar thing to you about an inappropriate comment that you made, you told me to "Get Real" :roll: so why not take the advice you give to others!

For one moment I thought the sirens might have been for my deleted post!

And BTW Peter, when I said a similar thing to you about an inappropriate comment that you made, you told me to "Get Real" :roll: so why not take the advice you give to others!

Bill. You made a personal comment in response to mine, which if I recall was at the same time that I was burying my Father. And my comment still stands.

observer is somewhat different as he has this tendency to to be critical of the less fortunate.

Isn't your other non-de-plume "Grumpy Old Man"?

Water off a duck's back is starting to spring to mind. :wink:

If I?d have know your father had just died Peter, just like anybody else, I?d have probably done the decent thing and not pulled you up about it. For a split second though I thought you we were going to apologise there but your heels seem well and truly dug in on this.

And if extenuating circumstances are going to be allowed as justification, I had a family member in intensive care with a seven-inch piece of waste bin lodged in their spine. So excuse me if I found your sick humour or advice as to what I should do with my life a little way off the mark.

You seem good at giveing it out Peter but not so good at taking it!

..and there are far more important things in life than the rights and wrongs of moderating on this forum.

Like I have said many times in the past - like it or lump it.

No one is being forced to use this forum - it is a public information service for the people of warrington or for anyone with an interest in warrington.

It is free to use and has a team of moderators approved by me - any issues, take them up with me and I will give you a polite response.

I have seen people come and go, come back again, go again, come back again, disappear and even a few sadly pass away.

More than a decade on the forum is still running, the website is more popular than ever and it is still mainly a labour of love!

So if there are any unhappy bunnies out there with an axe to grind over any of our moderating team simply send me a PM or an email and I will give you a quick response :wink:

Before you start typing Bill ........ :lol::wink::twisted:

:roll: Zzzzzzzzzz

Well considering what actually happened last night maybe no more should be said and perhaps I should delete my own topic as I wish I hadn't asked the blummin' question now :roll:

Dizz, you did nothing wrong in asking the question, the problem lies with some of those forum members who replied to your question, unfortunately some members of this forum cannot respond without bringing personal comments into the equation, as I see it you were simply enquiring as to why there were an exceptional amount of emergency vehicles with their sirens sounding, passing through Stockton Heath at such a late hour, I replied with the information that I had been informed about, obs., gave an intelligent response then after that it all went 'Downhill', all people want to know is what was going on, not, 'what who said what to who' in the heat of the moment, I'm afraid it's typical of the 'Fishwife' syndrome yet again. :roll:

Sorry Gary, the time it took me to reply you had obviously replied, however it does not change my opinion.

I?ll just say this Gary, being a moderator doesn?t give anyone the right to judge an individual or to remove part or all of a post without explanation. This as you well know happened to me in the past when nameless moderators sat by and allowed a virtual lynching mob to vote for me to be banned for something they assumed I must have said. Now only you and myself know the content of that post so I?d suggest you have a quiet word with you team and tell them to back off with the warnings about me being the one to watch.

Algy

When someone tells me to get a life or get real they can expect a reply allong the similar lines. If you think thats wrong then please I'd love to hear your thinking on the subject.

Dizz

See what I mean, Algys just joined in now and before long there's going to be a whole load more! He probably hasn't got a clue what's happened because all the posts have been deleted! Is there anyone else out there that'd like to take a pop at me for what I may or maynot have said?

Bill, I dont intend to become involved in a slanging match, my previous reply was a general comment and not specifically aimed at any one person, my view is that 'dirty washing' should not be aired in public and in certain instances perhaps it may be prudent to pm someone to sort out extreme personal differences of opinion. I shall not reply on this particular post again.

Algy

I don't do slanging matches but like most people I will respond if someone decides to have a go at me personally. If ever I say something wrong and upset anyone then at least I'm man enough to appologise or request the mods move my posts.

As regards PM's and emails, yes I do use them occasionally but having half a debate here and the other half on PM can itself leads to confusion just as it did last night.

Bill :)

Bill,

I do not want to get into the same situation as we had a few years ago. There are no winners.

I post on here as a poster. Usually add admin at the end of my post when using that role. but mostly as a poster giving me opinion or comment.

I don't give it out as you say, but believe me I could, but life is too short for petty mindless squabbling.

I don't live in a PC world where you have to watch what you say because someone might be offended. I live in a real world where someone might unintentionally be offended by what you say. None of my posts have ever been made to upset the more sensitive readers.

However, sometimes posters do come on here to wind people up, and so it is difficult for posters to know whether they are being serious or not.

By the way, maybe you should read the original post and try to understand my comment.

Perhaps next time we have a chat in Sainsbury's you can explain what the problem really is.

And you never answered my question, Is Grumpy Old Man your other nom de plume that is occasionally used on here?

Have a nce day.

I?ll just say this Gary, being a moderator doesn?t give anyone the right to judge an individual or to remove part or all of a post without explanation. This as you well know happened to me in the past when nameless moderators sat by and allowed a virtual lynching mob to vote for me to be banned for something they assumed I must have said. Now only you and myself know the content of that post so I?d suggest you have a quiet word with you team and tell them to back off with the warnings about me being the one to watch.

Lets not start digging up the past! Lets look to the future.

There are always going to be differing opinions and anyone taking part in a public debate has to accept that.

Dizzy was just doing what she felt was right and has fully explained the situation to you why she did it. You may not agree with it but you will have to accept it.

Now lets move on.

Peter

Too busy just now to have any sort of protracted debate. I will say that I don?t have any issues with that bloke I meet in Sainsbury?s, he?s still on my beer list, which is all you need to worry about.

As regards confusion over names, I only ever use my real name and image. Yes there was a time when (allegedly) I was accidentally banned and then nobody could work out how to undo it and so I had no option but to login using a different name for a short while. I seem to recall that at that time, you and a few others found this all too hard to believe and accused me of ?messing about? well sorry guy?s but if you?re that easily confused and don?t believe what I?m saying that?s your problem.

Gary

I wrote exactly what I think about you and you?re website on the Guardian forum last night and I standby everything I said!

Gary

I wrote exactly what I think about you and you?re website on the Guardian forum last night and I standby everything I said!

There you go again breaking the rules :roll: you know full well there should be no "interaction" between forums! :wink::oops::lol:

But now having read it , love the reference to ship's captain, I'll let you off this time :D