end of an era for mr smiths

cheshirecat

Yes :D:D

Mr Smiths used to be a great night out and was always followed by a burger from the 'hogie waggon' :D ...... I remember the muscles of the male dancers on the podiums best :D

There was very rarely any trouble .... pitty how times have changed eh ?

Before the owner shuffled off this mortal coil he got planning permission for a fabulous new pub / restaurant right on the banks of the river, opposite the club. The idea was that it would be a "feeder" for the club. It incorporated deck-level dining, public art - it was a fantastic design. Shame he never implemented the permission really.

never mind mr.smiths what about the ABC cinemas...i was an ABC minor are there many of them on here.....i had 2 bitrthdays a year like the queen and got in for free admission on occasions as you did if it were you b'day.....i think a true warringtonian went to the ABC and knew the song...... :wink:

lalalala we are the boys and girls well known as the minors of the ABC, and every saturday all line up to see the things we like to shout aloud with glee.we like to laugh and have a sing song just a happy crowd are weee were all pals together the minors of the ABC..was i close..that was for the people who never made it or were out of towners or just not born...at that time..i bet alanas singing along with the vacum cleaner singing that one...lol....