Did your bin get emptied ?

Dizzy

Put my bin out this morning along with my 5 full bags of excess rubbish (strategically placed :wink: ) AND IT'S ALL STILL THERE !!!!

Why.... because I am informed the bin men came at 6.50am rather than the usual time of just after 8am.

Would have been nice to have been told of the change of time... :roll:

There was a sticker on my bin telling me that the bin and upto three bags had to be put out before 6.30am. The bin was emptied and bags were collected.

The stickers are not put on for decoration. :wink:

[ 03.01.2008, 14:57: Message edited by: Eagle ]

But remember - if someone is away on holiday or business and haven't put their bin out the week the stickers are put in place it can lead to confusion.

I noted a lot of bins were put out in our road this week (including ours) although when I read the sticker I was convinced it said our collection day would be different from normal. :confused:

It did mention there could be three extras - but no one appeared to be risking that!

Originally posted by Eagle:

There was a sticker on my bin telling me that the bin and upto three bags had to be put out before 6.30am. The bin was emptied and bags were collected.

The stickers are not put on for decoration. :wink:

I DIDN'T HAVE A STICKER... or else I would have known DURH !! :roll:

I didn't have a sticker, as we only put our bin out fortnightly. Luckily next doors bin was out and I found out when they were getting emptied. ie tomorrow.

Mine will go out tonight as I will NOT be up before 6.30.

What time do these people actually start work?

Surely they aren't working a 10 hour day, are they? :confused:

The last time my bin was emptied I was upstairs ironing. I watched the collector slap a sticker on my bin (BEFORE EMPTYING IT). He then took the bin to the wagon to be emptied. When he put the bin back on the footpath, low and behold the sticker had gone into the machine with the rubbish. So did my next door neighbour's sticker. I had to ring the depot to find out the details of the next collection days. It would made more sense to put the sticker on as it was returned to the footpath., or make sure it is stuck on more securely.

Credit where credits due......

Finally managed to get to Stockton Heath tip when it was open today with ALL my bags rubbish after my bin wasnt emptied etc on Thursday... 9 bags in all and apart from a small queue no probs...

None of the recycling bits were overflowing....

The tip itself was spotless with the operators brushing up after people if needed...

And they even asked me if I needed any help unloading all my rubbish...

Not only were they helpfull but also friendly and cheerful.....

might do it again next week :D:wink:

stickers are expensive, the ones we had were put on the thursday before christmas, the bin had a outer coating of frost, sure enough the sun rises, the frost turns to water and the sticker attatched to the frost goes floating down the street.

maybe a simple black & white leaflet on recycled paper costs less than 2 colour plastic stickers, plus a layer of sticky and whatever backing they must peal it from...god forbid a bin man might have to walk beyond the kerbside to post it.