Chelsea 0 Wigan 2. Man U 4 Stoke 2

Bazj

I think that Chelsea just got their revenge.

Still being second in the country (only 1 point behind) ain't bad in my book. At least better than being a poo fan who are on a downward spiral.

Next season:

Man.U

Chelsea

Spurs

Man. City

Everton

Arsenal

L'pool

Wigan beat Chelsea 3-1 last time. A draw would do.... but whoever wins, this has got to be the best final day for ages. Brilliant stuff. Well, brilliant for those of us with a team involved, anyway..... :twisted:
Well not really. Last season's EPL was absolutely tremendous, with a number of teams that could go down on the last day, as was the season before, whereas this season it was all over, and just a couple of one-sided looking games to decide the title, and that's how it turned out.

I agree, last seaon's relegation battle was the nail biter. This season's was settled a couple of weeks ago, the Champions were probably decided when Drogba scored at OT, realistically when you looked at the last week's fixtures and effectively when Chelsea scored first today.

I don't watch the relegation bits. Not nice. Especially all this business of taking so many points off people for bad banking that they stand no chance.

But eight blue goals and four red ones - blistering stuff. I do not like Chelsea, never have, but today I salute them. You have to respect that degree of making sure!

Gary must be so thrilled he can't speak! :twisted:

I don't watch the relegation bits. Not nice. Especially all this business of taking so many points off people for bad banking that they stand no chance.
Portsmouth would still have been bottom, and regardless, that's the first time it has ever happened in the English top flight. The other bonus is there's always variety, Newcastle last year being the shock, Leeds and Man City in recent years.

Whereas at the top it's the same old two horse race year after year. Boring stuff imo.

But eight blue goals and four red ones - blistering stuff. I do not like Chelsea, never have, but today I salute them. You have to respect that degree of making sure!

Two incredibly one sided and predictable results, yes, blistering :roll:

Whereas at the top it's the same old two horse race year after year. Boring stuff imo.

Errrrm, am I incorrect in my recollection that Liverpool finished second last year then?

If you've no joy in a season ending with even a small chance of an Indiana Jones, last-gasp, against-the-odds turnaround, then tiddlywinks is probably a better option for you. And if you use many more :roll: icons in your grumpy posts, people will start to mix you up with Observer. :twisted:

Errrrm, am I incorrect in my recollection that Liverpool finished second last year then?

If you've no joy in a season ending with even a small chance of an Indiana Jones, last-gasp, against-the-odds turnaround, then tiddlywinks is probably a better option for you. And if you use many more :roll: icons in your grumpy posts, people will start to mix you up with Observer. :twisted:

And I think your irony control must have gone missing if you're using "last gasp, against all odds" in connection with either of yesterday's protagonists.

FATSHAFT. WHY do you do it? You never used to.

Remember, this is a family Forum and posters are asked to post without vulgarity.

IF that is too difficult for you or to challenging, might I suggest that you post elsewhere.

Peter. Admin.

didn't one of the teams that survived in the championship have 10 points deducted at the start of the season for going into administration?

It can be done LP!

didn't one of the teams that survived in the championship have 10 points deducted at the start of the season for going into administration?

It can be done LP!

Not when it's 20 points.... but it's a bit puzzling to me. They have financial trouble, so demote them and reduce their income from the FA. Tha would seem to be kicking them when they're down to me.

And I think your irony control must have gone missing if you're using "last gasp, against all odds" in connection with either of yesterday's protagonists.

"Against the odds" for Wigan to draw with or beat Chelsea and hand United back the title with the final whistle of the season. Perfectly possible in footie, and what a finish that would have been. And when you can control your use of bad words where kids can read them, you can lecture me. Do us all a favour and use the odd * will you? Those of us old enough can fill in the blanks for ourselves. :wink: