Labour set to seize back control in Warrington?

Gary

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

seriously though, can the Conservatives continue to prop up the Libs after outing them as disgusting etc. ? I dont always see eye to eye with Paul Kennedy but Ihe doesn't strike me as hypocritical

Just noticed a familiar name amongst the winners.. our very own forum poster GEOFF SETTLE :D Congratulations Geoff :D :wink

will you be coming back on here and posting on the forum again now all the election stuff is over. You have been missed :wink:

Where does the "Win back power" come from? Labour have 27 seats, Lib Dem 24 & Tory 6 hardly a position of power.

The Tories have said they will not form a new alliance - so Labour will be in control as the largest party.

Cheers Gary, you covered all the issues really well.

Well will this mean all change in the Town Hall?

Thank you - it is nice to know it is appreciated - and yes I think it will be all change in the town hall.

Just noticed a familiar name amongst the winners.. our very own forum poster GEOFF SETTLE :D Congratulations Geoff :D :wink

will you be coming back on here and posting on the forum again now all the election stuff is over. You have been missed :wink:

Yes, I have just seen that too. Well done, Geoff. :D Good to know he's somewhere happy, eh? I wondered if he was still here amongst us but with a different screen name..... :wink:

Yes, I have just seen that too. Well done, Geoff. :D Good to know he's somewhere happy, eh? I wondered if he was still here amongst us but with a different screen name..... :wink:

depends if he is willing to break his new year resolution! :roll::wink:

Gary, they don't need an alliance they just keep voting against Labour out of habit. I am sure when it comes to filling the various posts that their votes will be placed for mutual benefit.

Only if the two opposition parties agree to oppose a Labour proposal.

The Tories will not oppose anything if they think it is for the good of the town - so I am told.

I agree with that approach Gary and I hope it is forthcoming but when most things that the Tories (&Lib Dems ) have done "for the good of the town" have been slagged off by the Labour faction in general and Ms Jones in particular. I am sure there will be a certain amount of retribution. :wink:

Where does the "Win back power" come from? Labour have 27 seats, Lib Dem 24 & Tory 6 hardly a position of power.

The Tories have said they will not form a new alliance - so Labour will be in control as the largest party.

That's a good move. When are the next local elections?