Labour set to seize back control in Warrington?

Gary

Where does the "Win back power" come from? Labour have 27 seats, Lib Dem 24 & Tory 6 hardly a position of power.

The Tories have said they will not form a new alliance - so Labour will be in control as the largest party.

That's a good move. When are the next local elections?

Next year!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"with consultation" seems to be much the same as "without consultation" in Warrington..... because I find it terribly hard to believe that after all the "public consultation" about Town Centre plans, we, the people of Warrington, actually asked for extra fountains instead of clean toilets and decent pavements. :?

All "democratic" Governments are elected dictatorships; it just means that you can vote them out every 4 or 5 years. If you want "the people" to decide on everything, no need for politicians at all, just TV X-factor style votes on every issue! :wink:

btw why are the local Tories cutting their nose off to spite their face, by breaking their alliance with the Lib Dems - surely Warrington's been a trail blazer for National events - how to get rid of a Labour Leader - then , how Tories can work with LibDems in a coalition! :wink:

I'm not sure they are going to break the Con-Dem unholy alliance. One Lib Dem councillor flying back from Italy for the votes for leader and executive tomorrow...

And no word at all from Cllr Kennedy since he wrote

The Liberal Democrats fought the most disgraceful, disgusting and dishonest campaign that I have ever seen. Their politicians and activists here in the Constituency should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves. It seems apparent to me that their current Leader here in Warrington has disowned the campaign, and rightly so.

Well if they stick with the Libs Dems at local level then I want to retract my vote... :evil::evil:
You mean you voted for the Tories who had kept the alliance going in Warrington, and now you want to change your mind if they keep the alliance going?

Yep... :oops: I couln't vote locally as we had no local elections... but voted Tory nationally (first time for everything) soley based on the fact that I think David Mowat was by far the best candidate for round here and I had to vote for someone :shock::?

Peeved though as all the way through the national Tories kept saying they wouldn't join with the Dims blah blah and locally Tories were saying the same. I feel a little Conned.

I will be covering events tonight and I am sure it will be a very close run thing!

I know one Tory who won't be supporting the Lib-Con alliance - but will he abstain or vote for the opposition! :roll:

I have heard a couple of Lib Dems may be misisng from tonight's meeting as well and if they are it will amost certainly be a Labour administration moving forward.

But all will be revealed later.