NOT WINNING HERE!!!

Bazj

Poor Jo.....

As PJ has rightly pointed out in the news pages; there is now a flat of convenience for sale in Bewsey if anyone fancies it..... it was never used that much anyway :lol:

Guess it won't be long before she scarpers off to the next town that is holding a by-election!! :lol:

Bye Bye Jo!!

Poor Jo.....

As PJ has rightly pointed out in the news pages; there is now a flat of convenience for sale in Bewsey if anyone fancies it..... it was never used that much anyway :lol:

Guess it won't be long before she scarpers off to the next town that is holding a by-election!! :lol:

Bye Bye Jo!!

If the news is right about police investigations she may end up living in a Titan Prison herself, oh the irony. :D:D:D

The Liberal Democrats fought the most disgraceful, disgusting and dishonest campaign that I have ever seen. Their politicians and activists here in the Constituency should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves. It seems apparent to me that their current Leader here in Warrington has disowned the campaign, and rightly so.

Aside from not achieving "the big breakthrough" in politics; the LibDems have still been forced into a position of power AND responsibility; and whoever they back in Government, they will share the blame for the inevitable pain that's going to be dished out - so perhaps (aside from getting their cherished PR), a lose lose scenario for the LibDems in the long run? :?

The Liberal Democrats fought the most disgraceful, disgusting and dishonest campaign that I have ever seen. Their politicians and activists here in the Constituency should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves. It seems apparent to me that their current Leader here in Warrington has disowned the campaign, and rightly so.

Do you know though, Paul, that in marketing terms, it's proven that the human brain is programmed to ride right over negative words like "can't/not/won't" when absorbing information. So if you tell people that something is NOT so, they tend to retain the opposite impression. It may well be the case that all those leaflets - and by heck there were a lot of them - from the LibDems saying "the Conservatives can't win here" just firmly fixed in our local minds that Tories could indeed win. That leaflet campaign might just have been the most productive thing for you...... and the irony pleases me, because speaking as a voter, I found their tactics objectionable. If it helps any, I think they did a fine job of alienating voters. Not that I have ever voted Liberal - despite Observer's assertions!! :twisted:

Sir Winston Churchill was one of those. :wink:

Whoever gets in will be the one who can get the coalition. The Queen simply picks the leader who on that basis can form a Government. If the Queen's Speech is defeated in the next State Opening of Parliament, back to the ballot boxes.

Interestingly, about 80 years ago King George V made the leaders form a coalition government, but he was more pro-active than his granddaughter. He even refused to dissolve Parliament on one occasion in the 1920s forcing the government of the day to make do with the hung Parliament that it presided over. Just as well old King George was more interventionist, given what he averted in 1910-1914! :shock: The Queen is not as confident on something like this, especially after she got her fingers burned through the naughty trick Harold Macmillan played on her when he manipulated her into choosing Alec Douglas-Home and not Rab Butler.

I think the rule that the sitting Government calling the shots even in a minority is a constitutional flaw. It was fine in the 18th century when the monarch had more powers and could hire and fire governments yet still not rule, and still had strong lingering executive powers, for the sake of stability, as King and Prime Minister haggled, but that was OK for George III, but Elizabeth II reigns in a country with a full franchise, without the powers George III had and so the party with most seats should have first crack- with respect to the universal franchise we voters have now- if they fail then Labour should have a go- in my opinion.

The Crown Estates look after the Queen's fixtures and fittings, apart from Balmoral and Sandringham, which are privately owned by the Royal Family (bought by Queen Victoria and Edward VII respectively- and repurchased from Edward VIII by George VI), as the Queen is too busy signing her State papers from the red boxes when she is not doing her engagements, reading our growing complaints about the politicians and shouting at her corgis. :P

Well, my research on sense of humour amongst our male posters is now complete....... depressing results there! :twisted:

Claivoyant as well? Is there no end to your talents LP? You can even see the wry smiles or not through your PC? :roll:

:shock: See - I knew you were going to say that. Right down to the :roll: at the end.

Sometimes I amaze even myself..... :twisted::wink:

The rule is a nonsense , the sitting tenant should keep his seat if the votes are tied.

However the Lib Dems may want to cut the cards in every constituency in the General Election, they will certainly fancy their chances of improving their position. It will also be a lot quicker and cheaper.

If the libdems get their way and we end up with this PR nonsense, this fiasco we have ended up with will happen at every election and the LibDems will be the "king makers" every time.

If they end up forming a government with liebour there will be a losers coalition and that can't be right surely?